Author Topic: Hospatality - how does it work  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
Hospatality - how does it work
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:39:59 PM »
  I have a small hotel that want's a Mitel phone system.  I was putting together the design when I realized that I had no idea how the hospitality option works.  How does the front desk "reset" the voicemail when a guest checks out?  Do we have to have a console or can it be done from say a 5340 type phone?

I was looking at 5304's for the rooms - any comments on those phones?

Thanks all....

-Chak

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
Re: Hospatality - how does it work
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 10:37:42 AM »
TBH it just works for me..... ::) We have a couple of site that have it but haven't paid mutch attention to how it works exactly. It works in conjunction with the PMS link and the mailbox is cleared every time there is a check in/out. Not sure if it will work without the PMS link but if it does I imagine you would need a 5550 or SC1000 to do the manual check in/out's.
Haven't used the 5304's THB but doesn't seem a bad choice for a hotel.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 10:46:16 PM »
  Thanks Bob - yeah, that is kinda how I thought it would work.  We are trying to find out about their PMS and see if they have any integration options....

-Chak

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 05:39:55 AM »
Just remember it requires a seperate link to the PMS so if you are not using IP for the connections you will need 3 physical connections. 1 for SMDR, 1 for PMS and 3rd for Voicemail Hospitality.

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 04:03:33 PM »
Does anyone know for sure if the SC1000 or 5550 IP Console are able to "check a user out", thus resetting the voicemail account for that room - without any PMS integration?

Thanks!

Offline bobcheese

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 06:26:49 PM »
Yes both via guest services key. Can't say say for sure if a check in on this will do the voicemail as well though as I mentioned before in doing via PMS then you need two seperate links not just the PMS link. 

Offline Chakara

• View Profile
    • Kyle Petree
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 08:39:41 PM »
  Thanks Bob, this particular job is starting to feel like it will be a cluster f*ck.  They built a few bungalow type buildings with no consideration at all about connections to the IT infrastructure. 

Anyway, the info from here is once again useful and saves me lots of time - thanks again...

-Chak

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10