Author Topic: Night Service Generic Message instead of Recorded  (Read 2722 times)

Offline wohan02149

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Night Service Generic Message instead of Recorded
« on: February 20, 2016, 07:56:46 PM »
Good evening,

I have been trying to figure this out for days, and have compared 10 systems to this one and can't find a difference between them.

My problem is, I went into the admin mailbox and set the day/night1/2 messages, however when you call the building it rings once and goes to a generic voicemail.  The voicemail is still accessible and does record, however the powers at be would like something different than the generic voicemail and I cannot figure out why it does not go to those messages we recorded.  I do know the messages exist because if I hit * quickly on the generic it goes to that message.

The scheduling is set and working, but still generic.

Any help is appreciated, thank you in advance.

Offline bpone

• View Profile
Re: Night Service Generic Message instead of Recorded
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 04:29:49 AM »
Hello
Did you check that the system is set to night mode?
In the Voice mail section under business hours (system admin tool), there is an option  for the system to go to night mode in two ways, either to follow business hours or via Feature Access code.
Check that

BR

Offline wohan02149

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 05:55:16 AM »
Yes the system follows a schedule for Night Mode, which I have confirmed to be working.  If the system is not in Night mode, the phone doesn't go to a voicemail, instead it just rings indefinitely. 

Offline bpone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 04:44:23 AM »
Can you run a CCS trace to check if the call is actually going to VM during day mode?

BR

Offline wohan02149

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 05:07:30 AM »
The call does not go to voicemail during day mode, only night mode.  The problem being is it is not the recording for Night Mode which was configured, it is a just a generic "no one here to answer your call please leave a message"

Offline bpone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 05:11:35 AM »
Very strange
how many digits is your extension numbers 3 or 4?
Does the VM corresponds with these digits?
Did you record the night message on the company greeting menu or in an another mailbox number? Is it a RAD message?

Offline wohan02149

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 08:02:18 AM »
Four digits, 6700.  The voicemail goes to this mailbox, however the greetings do not match up with what was set for Night Service using the admin console.  You'll have to forgive me, but I am not familiar with what a RAD message means

Offline bpone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 08:24:43 AM »
Don,t worry.
RAD is a record announcement device message, which needs different class of service than the Voice mail.
So is it the 6700 the main mailbox number?
I assume that the calls during day arrive to an extension and at night service you divert the extension to VM. Is my assumption correct?
If yes log on as an administrator to VM 6700 and change the greeting to this specific VM not the company greeting.
I f no please check that the 6700 is a hunt group with voice mail class of service that contains the appropriate VM ports in it.
One last question is this the embedded voice mail or not?
  BR

Offline wohan02149

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 01:27:05 PM »
6700 is a hunt group which goes to 3 lines.  The Voicemail box is set to 0 (not by me), if the system is in Night Mode, it does redirect to 0.  However as this is also the operators mailbox, and we setup the mailbox thro 9999 (admin console), that message is not getting played. 

Offline tjcurcio

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2016, 07:33:26 PM »
If you want to hear the Day/Night1/Night2 voicemail recordings when the phone system is in night mode --> then you need the digits that the main number rings in as to reroute (in Night 1 condition)  to the pilot number of the embedded voicemail port hunt group.

It sounds like calls are routing to mailbox 0, which is probably a mailbox with no recording.  So you can remove mailbox 0.  Or you change 6700 on the call Re Route Always form to route to the voicemail port huntgroup when the controller is in Night 1 mode.

Offline bpone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2016, 02:51:26 AM »
I agree with tjcurcio, or you can just modify the greeting of mailbox 0 and leave all other things unchanged.
BR

Offline wohan02149

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2016, 05:08:10 AM »
The voicemail has been changed for box 0, but how do I go about what tjcurcio suggested?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10