Author Topic: Clustering 5 systems for Common corporate directory  (Read 872 times)

Offline bpone

• View Profile
Clustering 5 systems for Common corporate directory
« on: February 19, 2016, 06:33:11 AM »
Hello all
I am posting some considerations regarding a clustering project which I have to implement.
I have configured a couple of times before clusters, but only for resilient purposes.

The Mitel controller’s network consists of 5 different sites.  All systems running enterprise software with MCD version 7.0.

One site it’s already configured as a cluster (two MXe controllers) for resilient purposes (only one has extensions registered, the second is stand by only).

All sites are connected via IP/XNET networking using direct ip routes and ARS prefixes dialing from each site to another. It works very well.

There is a 3 digit non uniform numbering plan, which means that there are DN numbers that are overlapping each other (e.g extension 400 exists in more than one site)

Now before I proceed I would like to state that customer needs a common corporate directory, and that is why I am implementing clusters.

First of all I have to change the extension numbers to a 4 digit uniform numbering plan.
Then implement CSID digits, change the routes and start sharing.

These systems don’t share many thing in common regarding COS, COR and each one has an ISDN local break out to PSTN.

Is there any other way to achieve the common corporate directory book apart from clustering?

Can I create the cluster and share only the Telephone directory between the systems and nothing else than that?

Regarding the already configured cluster (two systems on the same site for resiliency), can it be part of larger cluster, or do I have to remove it and create it again in the new Cluster?

These are my consideration, any helpful info will be most appreciated.

Thanks very much.
         BR

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10