Author Topic: Hotline Restrictions  (Read 1052 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Hotline Restrictions
« on: February 18, 2016, 02:31:58 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Techs,
Just curious about the Hotline feature. One of our customers has a building that for their main entrance has a small room before you can access the rest of the building. in this small room there is a single phone (A Mitel 5330e). They are requesting that when a user picks up this handset (or goes off-hook via "Speaker") that it rings a group of people. I've gotten this to work. My question is, through testing it seems you are unable to dial anywhere else, would this be accurate? is it possible to dial either internally or externally when programmed like this? I got it programmed it via the "Associated Directory Numbers" form. (See below)

Where 1001 is the phone in the small room and 2001 is the extension it is going to. This is the only programming I have done and thus far seems to work well. Again, just no outbound/internal dialing whatsoever, via my testing. Which is just fine by the customer. But they want to be absolutely certain that no outbound dialing can happen on that phone.

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 02:40:09 PM by irongladiator »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Hotline Restrictions
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:47:15 PM »
I suspect that if you go off hook and the far end hangs up first you'll get dial tone.  Perhaps then you may be able to dial. (not sure so test)
There's a couple of things you can do to ensure there is no outbound dialing from that phone.
1) Give it a COR that no one else has.  The restrict that COR via the maximum digits dialed form to 3 or 4 digits so they can only dial internal extensions.
2) Set up either tenanting or interconnect restriction so that it cannot connect to trunks.   You may also be able to do this via COS depending  on the trunk type by denying public network access.

Ralph

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 03:07:34 PM »
I suspect that if you go off hook and the far end hangs up first you'll get dial tone.  Perhaps then you may be able to dial. (not sure so test)
There's a couple of things you can do to ensure there is no outbound dialing from that phone.
1) Give it a COR that no one else has.  The restrict that COR via the maximum digits dialed form to 3 or 4 digits so they can only dial internal extensions.
2) Set up either tenanting or interconnect restriction so that it cannot connect to trunks.   You may also be able to do this via COS depending  on the trunk type by denying public network access.

Ralph

Hey ya Ralph,
So for testing I have tried:
1) Button Mashing (Result: Goes to the Hot Line destination)
2) Go to "Phone Book", looked up a contact, pressed "Call". (Result: Goes to the Hot Line destination)
3)Pressing the Clear Envelope button for Voice Mail. (Result: Goes to the Hot Line destination)
4) Have the destination end hang up while still off-hook in the small room. (Result: Re-rings the Hot Line destination again, which was kinda funny.)

Thus far, seems no way to make calls on it except to the Hot Line destination.

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 03:10:21 PM by irongladiator »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 03:24:13 PM »
Sounds like you got it.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 05:56:09 AM »
Yes, a hotline will ring back to the original destination programmed via associated number form if it stays off hook, but a common way around that is if you add the COS option called "Return Disconnect Tone When Far End Party Clears" to the hotline device, it will just get an error tone, prevents it if the phone gets left off-hook from constantly calling the destination.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10