Author Topic: Trouble with DNS? UVM issue  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Camoron

• View Profile
Trouble with DNS? UVM issue
« on: February 17, 2016, 02:58:26 PM »
Hi,

I'm trying to set up UVM on a system and I notice it cannot find the host. I connected into the phone system via SSH and tried pinging out to various hosts and I realized that I cannot ping out to any domains. I set the DNS servers as 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76 (Comcast DNS servers) but am not sure what to set the DNS Search List to (currently set to a .local on the network, per ipconfig -all) and frankly I've never been sure what to set this value to, so maybe it's sheer dumb luck that I've ever got UVM to work in the past at all. I should mention that most of our clients are small businesses without IT departments or any fancy network setup. I am trying to configure this to work with their Office 365 setup currently. I am pretty sure the problem lies in DNS... any ideas?

Edit: Nevermind. I figured this out. Apparently those DNS servers that I used... don't work??? I am using Google DNS now and can ping domains from the SSH connection now.
Still not sure what to put under DNS Search List though.

Double  Edit:

I am still getting this error
[12805  2-17-2016 15:00:31 ]*UM* IMAP ERROR: No such host as smtp.office365.com
[12806  2-17-2016 15:00:31 ]*UM* IMAP ERROR: Connect failed; TCP Connection Failed
[12807  2-17-2016 15:00:31 ]*UM* 102: FAILED to connect to IMAP Server

« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 03:10:42 PM by Camoron »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trouble with DNS? UVM issue
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 06:07:25 PM »
Camoron,

The DNS Searchlist is not what is causing your issues at this point. If it were me I would use the customers domain name for the DNS Search List though.

So if their email address is sally@test.com then in the DNS Search List I would put test.com so that it would match for anything the system would send as an anonymous user.

Now for the Error you are getting the problem could be that you don't have access to the Internet or the DNS you are using is not resolving properly in order to find smtp.office365.com.

By the way what port are you using for sending your emails to this? 25, 587, or 465?

Thanks,

TE

Offline Camoron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2016, 09:47:15 AM »
I think we were using 587. I've tried all 3 though. Like I said, when I SSH into the phone system and ping out to domains it resolves them. When I ping out to the mail server, it resolves that, too. But when I look in the log to see what's failing with UVM, it still says the host cannot be found.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 02:05:54 PM »
Camoron,

Oh, I just noticed that you are trying Enhanced Integration which uses IMAP not SMTP, but you are trying to go to the SMTP port of Office 365.

Try using outlook.office365.com instead of smtp.office365.com and that should fix your problem.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Camoron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 03:53:34 PM »
Thanks,

I've used that as well. I've used a bunch of different servers, just kind of throwing things at it because I wasn't sure what would stick. I think I've used outlook.office365.com for it. I've used it for other clients successfully, but this client was/continues to have issues.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10