Author Topic: Voicemails ending up in Junk Mail Folder  (Read 2007 times)

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
Voicemails ending up in Junk Mail Folder
« on: February 16, 2016, 09:08:48 AM »
We use Nupoint for our voicemail.  Some of our users we are using SMTP forwarding with a short message retent, so they get their voicemail into their email inbox.

Lot of our users are now reporting out of the blue voicemails are starting to end up in the Outlook Junk Mail Folder.  At first I thought it started after I upgraded to MiCollab version 7, as it now supports sending caller line ID pass through.  But as I started looking into this, I think it was happening before.

On some of the users we added to their safe recipients list our server name.  IE   @servername   Though it is still happening.

Anyone else notice this and find a way to resolve this so it continues to go into their inbox?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voicemails ending up in Junk Mail Folder
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 08:05:45 AM »
Look at the from or sender address in the actual email, and add that address to the Safe Senders List in Outlook. The Junk Email is managed by the client software (Outlook on users PC's) and not the server... Sounds like Outlook had another update that is throwing more email to SPAM that doesn't belong there, not the first time.

The reason adding your email server to the safe domain list doesn't work is probably your Nupoint is sending from a different or slightly modified domain name, check the email headers and I am sure you will see something unusual.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10