Author Topic: MiCollab 7 after upgrade softphones get a dial tone of sort  (Read 1516 times)

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
MiCollab 7 after upgrade softphones get a dial tone of sort
« on: February 12, 2016, 11:40:58 AM »
I recently upgraded the MiCollab server to version 7.  Since that upgrade when the softphone users dial out, they get a dial tone and weird beeps first, then it starts to ring. Whereas before, it would just start ringing.

Calls still work, but users are not liking that.  What changed?  How can I turn that off?

Thanks for any input.

Offline pkriek

• View Profile
Re: MiCollab 7 after upgrade softphones get a dial tone of sort
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 06:01:10 AM »
hi

we have the same issue, did you manage to solve this?

Patrick

Offline jherlitz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »
Hi Patrick,

I have not, I got busy on other items and this took a back seat, but now I am back on it.  Going to see what I can figure out.  Have you figured anything out yet?

Offline pkriek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »
I hope that the next version of the client resolves this issue.
its not a config problem, more a bug of the client

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 05:21:20 PM »
We have the same issue with our 7.0 deployments. You would normally get a regular dial tone for 3 seconds before the ringing tone when the PBX is calling a number with an ARS route that has an unknown number of digits to follow. The tone you are hearing is in place of the regular dial tone and is a bug. Mitel support were no help when we raised it with them.

We have now started deploying the 7.1 version for our customers from last week. I have done some tests and can confirm that the issue has been fixed.

There is another big bug for voice mail to email in 7.0. If the person leaving the message is an external caller that is not in the PBX telephone directory. NuPoint will send the email with a blank "Sender" field and most SMTP servers see this as spam and will not forward the email. Mitel have a patch you can install but I would recommend upgrading to 7.1 as 7.0 seems to have a lot of bugs.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10