Author Topic: Can we clear an audit failure without a restore?  (Read 4426 times)

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
Can we clear an audit failure without a restore?
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:17:17 AM »
We have a 3300 clustered with a VMCD instance, both running 7.0 PR1.  The 3300 has an audit failure alarm.  There are no problems reported when we run a DBMS CHECK FULL, and a DATABASE AUDIT results in "Database audit succeeded".  We can't make a backup: "Backup Fail".  The documentation suggests this can only be cleared with a database restore.  We reset the system this morning but the alarm persists.  Does anyone know a way around this?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2016, 09:19:14 AM by handwritten »

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
Re: Can we clear an audit failure without a restore?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2016, 11:06:02 AM »
I ran into this same issue at one of our clustered sites (55 total locations). I could only solve this by doing an upgrade on the software, or reloading the software on the box. After reloading the software/upgrading (13.0.80 to 13.0.83, a while back), I was then able to perform a backup. After doing said backup, the audit failure alarm cleared. I do not know of any other way to clear this audit failure, unfortunately. I worked with a Mitel Senior Systems Engineer in troubleshooting this prior to upgrading. As long as the 13.X version is not different, i.e. 13.Y, it will still communicate and sync with the rest of the cluster without issues.
DBMS check/save is good, but will not clear the audit. The ONLY way to clear this is to perform a successful backup. Hope this information helps!

Gene

Offline handwritten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2016, 11:46:50 AM »
That's a great suggestion.  Thanks!

Offline Bassboater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2017, 07:46:19 AM »
Backup and Upgrade Fails Because of Database Audit Failure

You can see the cause in the logs.

Workaround is to go into ESM maintenance, turn off auto complete and do these two commands:

1) Override database audit alarm

2) Override database backup alarm

In the case you do NOT have a valid backup

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10