Author Topic: Resilient License Concept  (Read 1132 times)

Offline bpone

• View Profile
Resilient License Concept
« on: February 11, 2016, 08:09:56 AM »
Hello
I want to clarify how the resilient licenses works, because after carefully reading the engineering and resiliency guidelines it is not yet clear to me. (software version MiVoice Business 7)

I have a simple scenario, a customer wants 100 MiTAi extensions and 10 hot desk agents. All extensions should use the embedded system’s voice mail. This configuration needs to be resilient. We don’t mind about the trunks in this example.

How many licenses are needed?

Two controllers running enterprise software, clustered together, and 110 enterprise ip users licenses and 100 voice mail licenses for the master controller. The second one needs nothing only running the enterprise software.

Are my assumptions correct?

How the AMC recognizes the second controller to be resilient to the first one regarding the licenses?

Do I have to create GARID containing the two ARIDs of the above involved controllers?

Thanks in advance.

BR

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Resilient License Concept
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 09:40:09 AM »
Given only the information you stated, your licensing number assumptions are correct assuming that the secondary controller will not host any devices of it's own. I do recommend having one license on that controller though, just so you can bring up a local phone if necessary for testing purposes.

AMC does not know, or need to know, that the second controller is resilient, this is handled but he controllers themselves with clustering and SDS.

A group ARID in this case is optional, you are not using UCC licenses, so it it is not required, but if you are going to make the primary 3300 the DLM, you would use one.

If you have issues or questions about licensing requirements and configuration, you can always contact Sales Engineering, they can usually answer most questions pretty quickly. If you have questions about actually building the license records, AMC support can usually assist as well.

Offline bpone

• View Profile
Re: Resilient License Concept
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2016, 10:02:58 AM »
Hello Acejavelin
thanks very much for the information given.

BR/Jihn

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10