Author Topic: Flash card and license  (Read 3293 times)

Offline dionalles_br

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Flash card and license
« on: February 05, 2016, 05:41:49 PM »
I have a intertel 5000. Today the system stuck in booting process. I saw that may it be the flash card that its corrupt. How much it costo to buy a new flash card. Do i need to get a new license? Where can i buy it.?

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Flash card and license
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:45:41 PM »
The license is tied to the flash card, so you have to purchase through a Mitel dealer. They would have to transfer your licenses to the new flash card, provided that they already have access to your Application ID.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 05:48:06 PM »
have to get the flash card from a dealer, it's a proprietary device.  Once you have it a registered tech will need to transfer the license from old card to new.  The license controls how many phones you can use and what premium features are enabled.
Hint: the new card will come with latest software version pre-loaded.  Theoretically you can downgrade the software, but this is a good opportunity to license for the latest version and update your database (which hopefully you saved recently!).

Offline dionalles_br

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 07:49:47 PM »
 But the old flash card it is bad.
Let me explain . I took this system when i was in USA. Now i moved to brasil. Here we dont have a mitel dealer. I was planning tp call mitel . Ask for a new flash card with a license already installed. Can i do this? How much u think it will cost $$$..?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 08:15:06 PM »
You can't buy direct from Mitel, find a dealer to handle for you.  If you give dealer the ID of existing card he can theoretically transfer the existing license to a new card, then ship it to you.  There's some paperwork involved, he'll have to take over your account from whoever had it before.  Card itself is a couple hundred dollars.
Another alternative is to buy a used 5000 off of E-bay, I see them for as little as $70, and take the card from that.  But beware, all the license info is on that card.  So be sure you get one for the proper chassis (1U CS-style or 2u HX-style) and enough phone licenses of the proper type to serve your needs: 86XX phones need class A license, 53XX need class D and digital need class E.  If you tell us what you have (chassis, phone types, trunk type).  If you're not sure find pix on Google Images to compare.

Offline dionalles_br

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 08:26:37 PM »
I will check tomorrow morning and let you know.  So you are saying that . If i buy a used 5000 from ebay and take out the flash card and usb key. They will work here with my system? If this it is right it will be much easer. I will take some pictures tomorrow.  Can you help me?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 09:17:12 PM »
Do you have the expertise and software to program another card?  There is no "standard" programming, so you'll need to set up your extensions, trunks, hunt groups, voice mail etc.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 09:25:34 PM »
dionalles_br,

Just in case you do this and the new system doesn't come with a USB key you will need to make sure that you take your old one out as the license key is now part of the Compact Flash and the external dongle is no longer needed. Also if you have an old CS Style cabinet and the new one is an HX Style then it would be best to keep the new one unless the old one has the PS-1; which in that case the license dongle is located on that and not the compact flash; most likely you don't have a PS-1, but you may have a PEC. Just look in your old database programming saves and see how many IP Addresses were assigned to the system under System > IP Settings and that will tell you what processing you currently have.

The good thing is that you can default the database and the licensing will remain and the password will be defaulted to the original password.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dionalles_br

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2016, 05:12:35 AM »
Do you have the expertise and software to program another card?  There is no "standard" programming, so you'll need to set up your extensions, trunks, hunt groups, voice mail etc.
Yes. I do have the software to program the extensions. I just dont know what to do with the flash card when goes bad. I am goig to my office right now to check what type of system it is.

Offline dionalles_br

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2016, 08:58:07 AM »
I dont know if it helps or not  but the flahs card says  mitel 5000 v3.0 relese 11  512mb cflash 

Offline dionalles_br

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2016, 09:00:49 AM »
And the chassy it says  model 580.1000

Offline jmarcwsp1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2016, 05:37:03 PM »
The license is tied directly to your unique software license on the flash card.  Mitel does not go backwards- you can not downgrade a v6.1 flashcard to v3.0.  Moreover Mitel will charge you to get back in software assurance.  v3.0 in the 5000 was released 7 years ago.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10