Author Topic: Log in to ext. VM box, then Redirect to Company VM AA  (Read 1426 times)

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
« on: February 05, 2016, 12:34:27 PM »
Weird issue I've never seen before.  I have a user with a 5320 IP Phone.  When she logs in to her VM it states how many messages there are, then immediately redirects her to the Company's Main VM/AA message.  I've checked every setting on the NuPoint, and MCD, but nothing is out of the ordinary.  Besides deleting her VM box and recreating it, is there a way to fix this?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Log in to ext. VM box, then Redirect to Company VM AA
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 12:51:03 PM »
I haven't seen this in long time, but have you tried just pressing the 3 (Delete) button? One time I had a weird loop that happened at a site periodically, and a message would be left that was just a loop and wound up recording the main greeting, it was a real bugger to figure out until I hit Delete by accident and it said "Message deleted" and moved on the next message which was a normal one.

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:30:10 PM »
User is actually trying to check her VM.  So I don't want to just delete it.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 04:38:32 PM »
No, you don't understand what I am trying to say... in my case anyway, somehow the main greeting got recorded as a message, almost like the main AA left a VM for the user, pressing 3 to delete just deleted the recording of the AA in the users mailbox, it didn't affect the actual main greeting.

Don't delete the main greeting, after the user logs in and the system seems to start playing a message then drops to the main AA, act like it is just a message and press 3 to Delete... if it is a "message" in the mailbox, it will delete the message, if it's the main AA it will wait for more digits to see what you are going to dial.

It's kind of hard to explain, but imagine someone called x100, and then their voicemail answered so they THINK they hang up, but instead they do a transfer or hookswitch flash, and then they dial the voicemail hunt group but before doing anything they just hang up... in the mean time, x100's greeting finished playing and it started to record a message, but since the caller actually transferred them to the main VM hunt group, it is connected to that and it's playing the main greeting, which is being recorded as a voicemail message in x100's mailbox.

Sorry, I hope that is clearer, I know its confusing.... I am not saying that is the answer, but I have seen it before.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 04:43:08 PM by acejavelin »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 04:44:11 PM »
No, you don't understand what I am trying to say... in my case anyway, somehow the main greeting got recorded as a message, almost like the main AA left a VM for the user, pressing 3 to delete just deleted the recording of the AA in the users mailbox, it didn't affect the actual main greeting.

Don't delete the main greeting, after the user logs in and the system seems to start playing a message then drops to the main AA, act like it is just a message and press 3 to Delete... if it is a "message" in the mailbox, it will delete the message, if it's the main AA it will wait for more digits to see what you are going to dial.

It's kind of hard to explain, but imagine someone called x100, and then their voicemail answered so they THINK they hang up, but instead they do a transfer or hookswitch flash, and then they dial the voicemail hunt group but before doing anything they just hang up, completing the transfer from x100's voicemail to the main VM hunt group... in the mean time, x100's greeting finished playing and it started to record a message, but since the caller actually transferred them to the main VM hunt group, it is connected to that and it's playing the main greeting, which is being recorded as a voicemail message in x100's mailbox.

Sorry, I hope that is clearer, I know its confusing.... I am not saying that is the answer, but I have seen it before.

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 09:16:10 AM »
Yea, that didn't work.  When pressing "3" it gave her an "Invalid Option".  I think at this point I'm just going to have to rebuild her VM Box.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 06:43:36 PM »
Yea, that didn't work.  When pressing "3" it gave her an "Invalid Option".  I think at this point I'm just going to have to rebuild her VM Box.
Yeah, my first hunch was obviously wrong. Blow away the mailbox and rebuild it.

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2016, 07:24:30 AM »
Deleted the VM box, recreated, still generating same issue; after entering pin to box it redirects to the AA.  I've checked every setting on the MCD and NuPoint, I'm stumped.

Offline ChadH

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2016, 12:32:14 PM »
Problem RESOLVED!  Found out the user was hitting "#" after entering PIN, which sends them to the AA.  Wish I would have known that from the start!

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 01:58:53 PM »
Glad you got it squared away... at least it wasn't a "real problem". :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10