Author Topic: Attendant Console - Demo Mode  (Read 3444 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Attendant Console - Demo Mode
« on: February 05, 2016, 09:39:04 AM »
Fellow Mitel Supporters,

Alright, I admit that I haven't installed Attendant Console since Windows XP days and now I have run into a problem that seems to be common to all Windows 7 machines that I have tried this on; 3 so far.

I install the software as an Administrator and with Virus Protection turned off and it installs without issue, and I then plug in the dongle. The system finds the dongle, but Attendant Console remains in Demo Mode. I looked under Device Manager and seen that it found the dongle, but labeled it as an Aladdin USB dongle; which I remembered was an issue in previous versions of Attendant Console.

I went to Mitel's 5000 Knowledge Base and found a KB 4518 that said the following.

Quote from: Mitel KB 4518
To correct this issue, perform the following steps on the Windows7 computer.

1.  Go into "Device Manger" and under "View" select "Show Hidden Devices."

2.  Go into the "Non-Plug and Play Drivers."

3.  Under the list of "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" you should see a "hardlock" and/or "HASP Fridge" driver. <-- I did not see this.

4.  Un-install the "hardlock" and "HASP Fridge" drivers. <-- Nothing to uninstall

5.  Exit out of the Device Manager.  Exit all programs, and reboot the PC.

6.  Make sure you are logged into the Windows7 PC with administrator rights.

7.  Download and run the install for the Sentinel HASP 5.86 (or later) sentinel driver again.

Click here for the latest Sentinel Hasp Driver <-- Downloaded version 7.41 [October 2015] that is supported on all current versions of Windows.

The problem should be resolved.  If this does not resolve the issue contact Mitel Technical Support for additional assistance. <-- Problem not resolved so I created a web ticket

I uninstalled the Attendant Console software and went to SafeNet's website and downloaded the latest driver.

I used the Command Line version of SafeNet's driver software and removed any drivers they had using the -fr -kp -purge triggers and reset the machine.

I reinstalled Attendant Console 3.509 and then used SafeNet's Driver to remove the installed drivers using the -fr -kp -purge triggers; again.

I rebooted the machine and then installed SafeNet's drivers using the -i trigger and it installed successfully and now the dongle shows up as a SafeNet USB HASP.

I started the Attendant Console software but it still shows that it is in Demo Mode.

Has anyone else run into this issue?

-------UPDATE-------

This problem has been resolved. There was one dongle that worked on Windows XP, but not Windows 7 and it turned out to be related to driver conflicts. The rest were just bad dongles that needed to be replaced. The biggest issue was that the symptoms were the same making me think there was a common issue with Windows 7 when in fact it was just bad troubleshooting as I figured the probabilities to be low on having several bad dongles in a row.

Thanks,

TE

« Last Edit: March 31, 2016, 08:00:26 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Attendant Console - Demo Mode
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 09:51:36 AM »
I ran into a problem once where the dongle wasn't recognized on a PC with USB 3.0 ports, had to put it in a USB 2.0 port and worked fine, the symptoms were very similar to what you are describing. Not sure it's the same thing, but thought I would throw it out there.

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
Re: Attendant Console - Demo Mode
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »
I had this problem when I upgraded a client from single to multi node Attendant Console. After uninstalling the software and the drivers, and then re installing them it still said it was in demo. I went to a different PC and the same problem happened again. I also rebooted the PC after uninstalling the software and drivers. In the end it was a bad dongle. I went back later with a new dongle and it worked. Also, I was installing on Win 7 machines.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:46:17 PM by pexecutone »

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10