Author Topic: Mitel 3300 - Question  (Read 1478 times)

Offline northernscum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3300 - Question
« on: February 04, 2016, 05:37:21 PM »
Hey there

Is there an option to have a line ring a 3 times then transfer to another extension at the main campus? Employee doesn’t want to miss calls and still have the phone ring here at his other office.

I am using 7.2 software and 3300.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 05:48:03 PM by northernscum »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 3300 - Question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:04:14 PM »
Hey there

Is there an option to have a line ring a 3 times then transfer to another extension at the main campus? Employee doesn’t want to miss calls and still have the phone ring here at his other office.

I am using 7.2 software and 3300.
There are more ways to do this than I can shake a stick at, each with strengths and drawbacks... I am guessing that this person uses 2 offices?

Call Forward No Answer -  Can be done from the phone, and will literally give you exactly what you asked for.

Call Rerouting - Fixed in the system, 1st Alternative would be other extension, 2nd alternative could be voicemail
Person Ring Group - Both ring at the same time, one is the "prime number"
Hunt Group - A list of extensions (1, 2, 10, 20, etc) called in order
Multicall Key Appearance - Can be immediate or delayed ring of either extension on either phone
Hot Desking - The user can have one extension number, and just login to a device wherever they are on campus, and their extension, buttons, voicemail, and everthing else moves with them

There are probably several more, these are just off the top of my head. My question would be, what exactly do you want it to in more detail... do you want the user to have one or two extension numbers, do you want there to be one or two voicemail boxes (and which should calls go to), does the user use more than one other location sometimes, etc.

The 3300 can do a lot in the way of call routing, we just need to know exactly what you want it to do.

Offline northernscum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 12:16:49 AM »
Thanks for the response.
The office admin at his second office wants the calls to bounce down to his other number without messing with call forwarding.
So lets say someone calls Office #2... ring three times then gets sent to his number at the other campus. then the office admin down there can answer his calls as well. Win Win.  Question is how?

Offline northernscum

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 12:31:16 AM »
I don't think its possible. All three phone systems are at various campuses. So lets say, I just tried the rerouting and it said not allowed.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 12:49:03 PM »
So these are not all in one system or cluster?

This can be done, but it becomes much more complicated and will involve using "twinning" or external hot desking with multiple phantom extensions... is this something you want to try to tackle yourself? It may be more beneficial to have your vendor involved if you are not familiar with these things, since there can be licensing implications.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10