Author Topic: Prefix to hide a number  (Read 3108 times)

Offline nowickj

• View Profile
Prefix to hide a number
« on: February 04, 2016, 07:48:40 AM »
Hello.

If there is a possibile that when You press a button, for example 1 before dialing number this will hide my number? If Yes how to configured it.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
Re: Prefix to hide a number
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:17:02 AM »
It is possible, take a look at the Private Caller in the Feature Access Code. Set the code and then all calls prefixed with this code should be considered as private. Look at Call Privacy help topic.

From the help:

Programming
    Class of Service Options form
    For Call Privacy only, enable the COS option "Call Privacy" in the Class of Service of the station which is to be secured from intrusion during a call.

Feature Access Codes form
    Assign a Feature Access code to the Call Privacy and/or Private Caller feature.

Operation
Mitel and 2500 telephones:
To enable Call Privacy or Private Caller before dialing a destination:
    Lift handset.
    Dial the appropriate (Call Privacy or Private Caller) feature access code.
    Dial the destination number.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 06:18:59 PM »
I'm not sure that's the way that feature works.
I thought that was to block intrusion.

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2016, 01:20:23 AM »
Call privacy is intrusion blocking, Private Caller is blocking your CID...

The Private Caller feature works, no COS change necessary, internally and for external calls as long as your carrier supports the ISDN or SIP message to mark the number Private, just dial the Private Caller FAC, followed by the number. Just learned it this week, not sure how long this feature has been there, but I was always told previously you couldn't do this.

Works just like *67 on your cell phone, and that is the FAC we set for it at the location it was implemented this week.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:22:34 AM by acejavelin »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2016, 06:52:38 PM »
Thanks Ace.
I wasn't aware of the Private Caller FAC either.
What software ver did you implement it on?

Ralph

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2016, 10:55:03 PM »
Thanks Ace.
I wasn't aware of the Private Caller FAC either.
What software ver did you implement it on?

Ralph
MCD 6.1 I think... I'd have to check to be sure.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 04:13:15 AM »
I believe the feature is there since MCD 7.0  SP1, check the What's New in This Release. 

New feature access code, Private Caller, allows a caller to hide its identity to the called party (on a per call basis). Both the name and number will be suppressed and a privacy indication will be displayed on the called device when the user dials the Private Caller FAC before dialing the destination number. Applies to internal and external (SIP trunks only) calls.

Offline ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 10:10:16 AM »
I been using ars to do the job.

I setup a second set of ars plans that allowed people to dial 0* (instead of just 0) before the phone number  that would then inject 1831 in front of the number hide their number

* notes
1831 is the code used by my carrier, you would need to check with you carrier if they have an equilivent code and what it is.

Offline petr.necas

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:17:11 AM »
Agree, we did similar programming for one of our clients. Then the client decided to change the carrier and we had to remove the ARS programming and programm the Private Caller feature instead. It depends on what the carrier requires.

Offline nowickj

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2016, 05:39:02 AM »
Thanks for responding :)
The problem is that client has software 6.0 SP2 12.0.2.23 and there is not Private Caller in FAC, he has ISDN. I checked on My MiVoice Business 7.2 13.2.0.17 and Private Caller work fine in internal connections (I dont have any SIP or ISDN trunk connected to that system).
So I have a quastion. Do You known any other possibility to do that?
I will ask customer if his carrier has such possibility to hide number by dialing some kind of codes.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2016, 07:56:02 AM »
Thanks for responding :)
The problem is that client has software 6.0 SP2 12.0.2.23 and there is not Private Caller in FAC, he has ISDN. I checked on My MiVoice Business 7.2 13.2.0.17 and Private Caller work fine in internal connections (I dont have any SIP or ISDN trunk connected to that system).
So I have a quastion. Do You known any other possibility to do that?
I will ask customer if his carrier has such possibility to hide number by dialing some kind of codes.
You could upgrade them to the current release, but ISDN is hit and miss (I am questioning if it would work at all, see below)... I literally tried it in another system with a PRI and it would not work on their traditional PRI.

BTW, After doing some checking I discovered the one I did the other day was actually MCD 7.0 and mixed PRI delivered via SIP and some regular SIP trunks from another carrier. I am not sure which one the user accessed when they dialed the code and blocked their caller ID for the test call.

Other than that, you would need to know the carriers code to block the CID and add it as a modified digit in ARS accessed via a different code (9+ is normal, 79+ is blocked caller ID or omething like that.) and the 79 uses an identical routing flow to 9+ except the MDT includes the caller ID block code.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2016, 08:02:08 AM »
I believe the feature is there since MCD 7.0  SP1, check the What's New in This Release. 

New feature access code, Private Caller, allows a caller to hide its identity to the called party (on a per call basis). Both the name and number will be suppressed and a privacy indication will be displayed on the called device when the user dials the Private Caller FAC before dialing the destination number. Applies to internal and external (SIP trunks only) calls.

As mention above, it is only for internal calls and SIP Trunks, was introduced in 7.0SP1
You will need to find the carriers code for hiding caller id and implement ARS I think.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10