Author Topic: Phones not forwarding  (Read 1560 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
Phones not forwarding
« on: February 02, 2016, 04:44:28 PM »
I have a few users that are unable to forward calls to other lines. What setting should i look at? when they attempt to forward it just puts the caller on hold, the other number rings once but will not let the new user pick up the line as their phone doesnt show the call.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Phones not forwarding
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 05:16:07 PM »
FirstSource,

I hate to be a stickler here, but when you say line do you mean another phone on the system or an outside number like a cell phone?

If it is an extension number than must make sure that the phone isn't sent to the wrong extension. The phone being forwarded to may have a System Forward that sends the call elsewhere, etc..

If it is an outside number then it could be a few things such as the flag Allow Manual Forward to Public Network could be set to no or the number they are sending it to could be a restricted number under their class of service.

The thing is if it is only happening on a few phones then most likely the issue is with the way those phones are programmed different than the other phones that do work. This makes it a simple "stare and compare" scenario to see what is different between the two phones and then use logic to determine which differences could cause that issue.

Thanks,

TE

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 07:34:30 PM »
Are you saying that there's a problem when they FORWARD their phone, meaning every call arriving at their extension goes somewhere else, or a problem when they TRANSFER a call, meaning that the user answers a live call and then sends it somewhere else?  FORWARD is something you do only once, then all calls follow that path.
I assume you've made sure DYNAMIC EXTENSION (cell twinning) hasn't been invoked, right?

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:42:26 AM »
Hi.
Have you made sure all phones are included in the Transfer To Connect flag in Phone Related Information?
Sounds like this may cure it but I may be reading your post wrong.
Best Regards.
IPI.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 04:14:06 PM »
Transfer to Connect Allowed doesn't apply here. That flag just allows an announced transfer to be completed without the recipient having to press a Call key to answer the transferred call.

It has no bearing on forwarded calls or unannounced transfers.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 07:14:49 AM »
FirstSource,

After reading your post again I think Dwayneg is correct in that you are referring to a transfer and not a forwarding scenario.

Is the call still on hold at the transferring station or does it get dropped?

Do you have the handsfree feature enabled for IC calls on the phone you are transferring to?

Does the transferring station Hangup to complete the transfer?

If the transferring station presses its transfer key two more times do they get the call back?

Thanks,

TE

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2016, 12:43:38 PM »
FirstSource,

After reading your post again I think Dwayneg is correct in that you are referring to a transfer and not a forwarding scenario.

Is the call still on hold at the transferring station or does it get dropped?

Do you have the handsfree feature enabled for IC calls on the phone you are transferring to?

Does the transferring station Hangup to complete the transfer?

If the transferring station presses its transfer key two more times do they get the call back?

Thanks,

TE

solved

user was pressing CNF button (the paper label was shifted)...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10