Author Topic: Night Service  (Read 6129 times)

Offline jrpayne30040

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Night Service
« on: January 25, 2016, 11:53:02 AM »
Hello All, I am new administrator so any and all help will be greatly appreciated. We currently have our phone system on a schedule for night service. There have been a couple of occasions where I needed to put the phones in night mode remotely at a time other than the schedule time. At one time, I thought that our system here was set up so that we could dial in and enter a code and set the phones to night mode. However, I was not the administrator at that time , so I am just trying to dig it up. So, I was wondering a couple of things? Number one, can it be done like that? Secondly, if so, where do I find the configuration for that feature. This is a 3300. Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Night Service
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 12:17:36 PM »
Yes, you absolutely can put the system into and out of Night mode via a Feature Access Code.

You'l need to log into your system and look up the Dialed Day/Night Service - Activate

You can find this in System Properties -> System Feature Settings -> Feature Access Codes

Offline jrpayne30040

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:35:27 PM »
Thank you. Can that be done by dialing any number into the PBX. In other words, if I have 5 outside numbers which all go into the PBX, I can dial either of those and then enter the feature code to activate/deactivate the night service?

Also, are there two separate codes for activate/deactivate or is the one code just a toggle? Where do I find the full configuration for the night service in the controller? I just want to educate myself on it.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 12:39:33 PM »
Thank you. Can that be done by dialing any number into the PBX. In other words, if I have 5 outside numbers which all go into the PBX, I can dial either of those and then enter the feature code to activate/deactivate the night service?
The code/s have to be dialed directly from a Mitel phone, unless you have DISA line setup. But for most places, on a Mitel phone is the only way.

Also, are there two separate codes for activate/deactivate or is the one code just a toggle?
There is only a singular code, but after it, you have to designate what mode you want the system to be in. 0 = Day, 1 = Nights1, 2 = Nights2
So for my system it's *305 for the FAC, so Day mode is *3050. Nights1 mode is *3051, and Nights2 is *3052

Where do I find the full configuration for the night service in the controller? I just want to educate myself on it.
This is a more complicated question...it depends on what kind of trunks you're using, how things ring in, and things like that.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2016, 01:12:03 PM »
There will also be a FAC to quickly check which mode you re in (which I would guess fpr bluewhite's system will be *306)

Offline panda

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2016, 03:55:25 PM »
do you have remote access to the ESM, if so you could use the maintenance command "cp service" to view or change night service

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 04:09:43 PM »
do you have remote access to the ESM, if so you could use the maintenance command "cp service" to view or change night service
Be aware this only affects tenant #1, other tenants must be done manually via a phone.

Offline jrpayne30040

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2016, 07:48:36 AM »
Yes I was able to do the PAC and see which mode. I had found that part of it. I just thought that there was a way to dial into the PBX from outside the offices and send the command to the PBX. If that is not the case, that is fine. I was looking to verify that.

I am not sure what ESM stands for and therefore not sure what that is. I apologize for the ignorance. This just kind of fell into my lap and I am learning as I go until I can get some formal training in here. I am also not sure what a DISA line is. Again, sorry for the ignorance.

I will have to look and see what tenants are outlined on my system. Not exactly sure what that is either but, I think I have an idea of how that works.

Thank you to everyone that has answered. It is really appreciated!!

Offline panda

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2016, 09:54:37 AM »
thanks for that clarification acejavelin, good to know, ESM stands for Embedded System Management used to login from web gui, see attached

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10