Author Topic: Conference Meet-Me Ports  (Read 2269 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Conference Meet-Me Ports
« on: January 19, 2016, 05:00:51 PM »
Hello Fellow Mitel 5000 Techs,
Just looking for an answer to this question concerning the systems Conference Meet-Me Ports. I know per the Engineering Guidelines it says that the system has 40 ports that can be utilized. (See screenshot below)

My question is, how many ports get consumed when you have let's say:
1) One Mitel Extension
2) One Outside Party
3) A Mitel Extension who initiates a "Station Monitor".

I'm not finding a spot in the guide which breaks this down. I wanna say it consumes only 1 port for the guy who initiates the station monitor, but have been told by others that it is actually 3 ports that get consumed, one for each. If someone could explain this that would be great.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Conference Meet-Me Ports
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 01:14:10 PM »
**UPDATE**
All,
I opened up a ticket with Mitel on this. This was their reply:

I tested my lab and I found initial 1 call to conference is using 6 ports Allocated VOIPs from 2nd call each call to conference is using 2 ports Allocated VOIPs and station monitoring feature only support Hunt Group supervisors only

Not sure what they really mean by that, I'll be calling them today to see what they mean. More to follow...

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:30:08 PM »
**2nd Update**
All,
I have called Mitel and they couldn't get me a straight answer either. They said that they would have to test in the lab and then they'd update the Mitel ticket I put in with them with their findings.

...it didn't occur to me till a bit later that "Hey, why not email your Mitel 5000 instructor?" So I did. The instructor replied fairly quickly and the conversation went like this:

I had asked:
One Mitel user on the phone with an outside party, and another Mitel user (Supervisor) wants to listen in on that conversation. How many conference ports are consumed?

Instructor replies:
In your example, 3 conference resources are used.  It counts 1 for each party on the call.

Essentially, one conference port gets consumed per phone (Internal or External)

Anywho, I hope this helps anyone who may have had this question.

Thanks,
-Iron
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 06:34:20 PM by irongladiator »

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 09:44:41 AM »
Hi.
Watch the resources when using Meet Me Conferencing.
I'm sure I have seen 3 resources used when only one party is in a conference waiting for others to join. Subsequent parties add another 1 x resource.
Best regards.
IPI.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:40:02 AM »
Remember that ad-hoc conferencing and Meet Me conferencing are very different animals, although both use resources.

A single user in a Meet Me conference consumes 2 IP resources, one for the user and one for the MOH source they get connected to when only single user is connected, as more users connect the MOH resource is dropped, so 1 user in a Meet Me Conference consumes 2 "resources", 2 consumes 2, 3 consumes 3, etc. up to 20 in a single conference, and a total of 40 conference resources (on 6.0 or higher software, previous versions have less resources)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 03:15:34 PM »
Hi.
Watch the resources when using Meet Me Conferencing.
I'm sure I have seen 3 resources used when only one party is in a conference waiting for others to join. Subsequent parties add another 1 x resource.
Best regards.
IPI.

IPInstaller,
I just noticed that the other day and now.....feel rather silly. For those that don't know, I've posted a pic of what it looks like on "Admin and Diagnostics" (See Below)

Thanks,
-Iron

Remember that ad-hoc conferencing and Meet Me conferencing are very different animals, although both use resources.

A single user in a Meet Me conference consumes 2 IP resources, one for the user and one for the MOH source they get connected to when only single user is connected, as more users connect the MOH resource is dropped, so 1 user in a Meet Me Conference consumes 2 "resources", 2 consumes 2, 3 consumes 3, etc. up to 20 in a single conference, and a total of 40 conference resources (on 6.0 or higher software, previous versions have less resources)

acejavelin,
That information is also good to know!

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10