Author Topic: Call forwarding to a Telus mobile periodically drops call after one ring  (Read 1126 times)

Offline Steve911

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Hi All,

I'm still pretty new to managing our Mitel system and I appreciate any help you can provide me.

Strange thing happening. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

User has call forwarding always enabled to call forward to their mobile phone. When a call comes in to  their extension the system will call the mobile phone, like it should. BUT rings ONLY once then drop the call. This will occur 2 or 3 times then will all of a sudden ring through correctly. If you call again, it may or may not work. It averages about 2 out of 3 times that the system will drop the call after only 1 ring. The one ring doesn't even register on the mobile phone. It's the one ring that the caller can hear. The caller just sees disconnected.

This is what I've figured out so far.

-   Only occurs when the call is forwarded to a Telus Mobile phone. We've tried this to Rogers, Fido, Bell and they work just fine.
-   This happens to all of my users no matter what COS they belong to.
-   Only occurs when the call originates from an external number.

Currently...
3300MXe
Release level: 7.1
Active software load: 13.1.0.33
Using Bell SIP's
Phones are a mix of 5312 and 5324's

Hopefully I've explained it good enough. If there is any other information that I can provide, please let me know.

Much appreciated!

Thank you.

Offline EDV

• View Profile
Re: Call forwarding to a Telus mobile periodically drops call after one ring
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 08:52:23 AM »
Hello Steve911,

i got exactly the same problem. Have been able to figure out whats the problem or found a solution for this problem?

Best regards, David

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 09:48:04 AM »
I would say a provider problem. Do a wireshark and look to see who is ending the call as its looks unlikely to be the system unless the Telus service has some weird settings. Usually that the receiving provider (Telus) rejects the call because the Mitel is passing the the forwarded number instead of the mitel system numbers.

Offline EDV

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 11:32:30 AM »
I dont think its a provider problem. The problem comes with different providers (i've tested 4 or 5). Some work, some not.
The weird thing is, when i activate the "call forward no answer" profile it will work, if i activate the "call forward always" profile, the phone "beeps" shortly and the call ist lost, even though it is caller hears the ringing. The telephone which should ring, doesnt :/ .

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 11:37:47 AM »
"Only occurs when the call is forwarded to a Telus Mobile phone. We've tried this to Rogers, Fido, Bell and they work just fine."

"I dont think its a provider problem. The problem comes with different providers (i've tested 4 or 5). Some work, some not."

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10