Author Topic: Determine port associated with room number  (Read 1252 times)

Offline mythsandlegends

• View Profile
Determine port associated with room number
« on: January 14, 2016, 11:40:01 AM »
Hello all,

Mitel noob here trying to find my way, any help is appreciated.

We have a Mitel 3300, release level 4.0 SP2 on MXe platform. This is deployed in a 250 unit waterpark/hotel my company recently acquired. They have made done several room number changes over the years without applying the changes in the system...and that's where my troubles begin. I should be able to dial any room number (analog phones in the rooms) and reach the phone in that room, however this is not always the case. My question is, where do I need to look in the configuration to change what room is associated with what port in the system? Also, my company plans on eventually installing an Asterisk system in it's place to standardize with our other systems. Programming the new system would be soooo much easier if I could get a complete list of what rooms and extensions are currently associated to what pairs on the amphenol connectors. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Determine port associated with room number
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 02:39:33 PM »
Assuming the blocks are not labeled, you will need to make a spreadsheet and go to each room and dial the switchboard or another display phone and note the extension number, then go into the programming web page and do an export of the analog extension form and just file in the numbers... there is no easy out for this.

Once you have the cross reference sheets, you can use the MOVE SWAP command in maintenance, or change the extension in User and Device programming, which one will depend on what the cross reference sheet looks like and how bad it's messed up.

Offline mythsandlegends

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 01:06:48 PM »
Thank you acejavelin. That will at least allow me to get the room numbers correctly listed in the current system. Looks like I will be personally visiting each of the 250+ rooms. Can you point me in the right direction to navigate to the analog extension form? And, once I have my spreadsheet cross referenced with room numbers, is there a good way to then determine which lines are coming in on which telco connectors in which order? 

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 05:13:26 PM »
Depending on your system revision, it could be located a little differently, but in current software releases the path to it is:

Users and Devices
Advanced Configuration
Analog Telephones
Analog Sets

From there you can do an Export to a CSV file, it will give you Cabinet, Shelf, Slot, Circuit, extension, etc.

What kind of trunks? Analog lines or a digital circuit (we don't see many Mitel's with analog lines anymore)?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10