Author Topic: IP phone controller IP does not match current IP  (Read 2090 times)

Offline msouva

• View Profile
IP phone controller IP does not match current IP
« on: January 12, 2016, 04:51:48 PM »
Good afternoon,

I am looking at the 5330e IP phone settings and have noticed that the CUR CONTROLLER IP and the ICP IP ADDRESS do not match the current Mitel 3300 IP address.  The interesting part is that the phones are all working correctly.

I have gone through the Mitel 3300 DHCP settings and do not see the incorrect address anywhere on the forms.  I am stumped as to where it could be picking up this wrong address, but yet the phones are all working correctly.

Any suggestions? 

Thank you,

Mark
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 04:54:22 PM by msouva »

Offline wiseguy

• View Profile
Re: IP phone controller IP does not match current IP
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 05:31:11 PM »
Assuming that you are correct then the phones are either resilient or are pointed from the DHCP controller address to the current address. If a phone is trying to register on a system and that phone (MAC address) is unknown to that controller it will look at the remore directory to find the controller that phone number belongs to and it will redirect it.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 06:28:11 PM »
Are you doing any recording?

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 09:19:02 AM »
wiseguy -   There is no resiliency setup for these phones.  I checked with the network people and they are telling me that the Cisco core switch has an entry that when the phones are plugged in and power up, they are identified as voice devices and sent over to the voice VLAN on the Cisco switch.

johnp -  If you are asking about recording calls on the embedded voicemail system, yes there are phones that are set up to record, but only a select few.

Thank you both for your responses.

Mark

Offline mhumphries

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 12:37:44 PM »
check your DHCP servers for option 125 or 129. see if these are pushing out bad info.  the voice VLAN option in your Cisco Switches may cause the items to get different DHCP-Helper addresses if you are routing your DHCP. might take some digging to get the right servers and path depending on the size and scope or your infrastructure.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 05:16:30 PM »
Sounds like you have an incorrect address in your IP Trunking forms, you will need to correct this and reboot the system if you want to correct it.

Offline msouva

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 11:50:26 AM »
Thank you boycey9, that is where I found it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10