Author Topic: 5330/40 can't hang up/strange button behavior  (Read 3247 times)

Offline dg

• View Profile
5330/40 can't hang up/strange button behavior
« on: January 11, 2016, 06:44:24 PM »
Hi folks,
I don't remember if I asked about this before. This is the third case I've seen now, so I figure it's time for some advice.

I have a phone that doesn't hang up, either with the hookswitch or with the cancel key, and basically it appears all the buttons are kinda frozen. It's pretty weird. Some dialed digits might show up on the display but there are no dtmf tones. THe hookswitch obviously works to -answer- but doesn't work to hang up (among other oddball behavior.) Rebooting the set works for a little while, but then reverts.

At first glance, it would seem that it's the phoneset, but when I saw this the first time, I swapped the extension to another set, and the behavior persists, so it's not the phone. Completely blowing out the phone and extension seems to fix it, but the case I have now is a reception phone with pkm and various other customizations that would be a real PITA to rebuild.

Has anyone heard if this or know of a permanent solution? FYI this is a 3300 cluster running 7.1PR1/13.1.0.36.

Any advice is appreciated!
Thanks,
-dg

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: 5330/40 can't hang up/strange button behavior
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »
If you do a "LOCATE FEATURE EXTENSION xxxx" in Maintenance Commands, does it show any active features, like headset mode?

If not, I would blow away the extension and recreate it and see if the problem persists.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 08:58:24 PM »
Thanks for that. I haven't checked there yet. My focus has moved towards a bunch of network packet errors on the Streamline adapter for that particular port. Those things are notoriously buggy, particularly the dongles, and even line cords matter. I'll have to test that first tomorrow morning.

Of course, that doesn't explain why rebuilding the previous two phones in the 3300 fixed it, since the 3300 and Streamline are completely independent of each other.

I'll do more specific testing and report back.

Thanks,
-dg

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 08:56:49 AM »
... notoriously buggy, particularly the dongles, and even line cords matter.
How so? We have hundreds, maybe thousands, of ports of Streamline across multiple customers and have little problems... Occasionally we see a dongle or port go bad, and line cords, well, they are line cords and most techs tend to just reuse the ones that have been in place for previous 3 phone systems rather than replacing them with new ones, so yeah I get that, but most of our Streamline/Phybridge stuff is pretty solid.

Offline dg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 09:35:12 AM »
Well, given that these are some really old buildings, it could just be terrible cat3 causing some of the issues. I've seen these Streamlines fail to release/renew MAC addresses, borked ports that send power but no data, go dumb (not respond to ping or http but still pass traffic), change or forget configs after a power event... you name it. Yea, the dongles go weird, too. I've only had these for just over two years, and I've had to replace two already.

Despite all that, they do seem to do what they're supposed to, most of the time. When there are weird phoneset issues, though, I have to look at the Streamlines too. It just makes for that much more troubleshooting.

-dg

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10