Author Topic: Voice Mail to Email Synchronization  (Read 3005 times)

Offline pplourd

• View Profile
Voice Mail to Email Synchronization
« on: January 08, 2016, 09:45:44 AM »
I know this topic has been discussed quite a bit but I have a new problem that I am seeking some advice.  We have had enhanced integration working successfully with O365 since we upgraded to 6.0 (SP3).  Over the Holidays the enhanced integration simply stopped working.  Forward and Copy continues to work without any problems.  I have reviewed the logs (mail) in the Mi tel and when enhanced integration is selected nothing appears in the logs at all while forward and copy is displayed as you would expect.  I have also thrown up the logging in my firewall and again when enhanced integration is selected the Mi tel doesn't even try to communicate to the O365 server.  When forward and copy is selected you see the info in the firewall monitor as expected.  Keep in mind it was working without any issues and as far as I can tell nothing (I am the admin) has changed in our networking configuration, firewall, etc that might have caused this issue.  I did read that the outperforming tool could be used to restart the email synchronization but I am not clear if that might be the issue or how to determine if the syncing has simply stopped. The only thing I have not tried and I figured I would ask here first is to restart the mi tel to see if something in the system just stopped and needs a manual restart.

Offline cholzhauer

• View Profile
Re: Voice Mail to Email Synchronization
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 10:38:03 AM »
I've had this before and what worked for me was to toggle between forward and copy,  and enhanced.  It didn't always work the first time, and sometimes I had to leave a voicemail with forward and copy, but eventually it just worked.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 10:58:31 AM »
I see this from time to time for customers using Office365... Can't explain it, often a reboot fixes it as well.

(Take with grain of salt) Someone told me once this is related to the fact that the IP addresses changes often for the O365 servers, and sometimes DNS caching at some level in the name resolution hierarchy can cause this to break. Since a reboot or change of some kind on the 5000 causes it to work, it could be the 5000 us using DNS caching of the server's host name and trying to talk to an old IP address associated with the hostname.

TBH, of the few customers we have on Office365 with a 5000 system (6-10 or so) about half have switched to Forward & Copy for reliability. The ones that still use it, I typically setup to reboot at least weekly.

Offline pplourd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:03:45 AM »
Thank you for your reply.  My guess is you are probably correct and a reboot may in fact correct the problem.  Can you tell me where in the system I can set it up to reboot automatically every week?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 11:36:13 AM »
Major Reset Scheduling in Maintenance of DB Studio.

Set Force Reset if not idle and Always reset on days of week to yes, select a day and time (Tuesday or Wednesday at 2:00am is my most common selection, scheduling reasons). Press F1 for help in that screen if you need more info.

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2016, 07:16:58 PM »
Make sure your reboot is scheduled after the backup database is saved, 11:00 pm by default.

Offline pplourd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 08:52:58 AM »
I wanted to follow up and let you know that I reset the Mitel this morning and as you suggested this corrected the problem. I have now set the system to automatically reset once a week.  Thanks again for your help

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 09:49:02 AM »
I have a client that when they receive a .wavefile voice mail from enhanced integration, they are receiving the voice mail several times and continues to send after it has been deleted. I know foward and copy is reliable, but they do not want to use it.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 07:44:55 PM by acejavelin »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 07:45:04 PM »
I have a client that when they receive a .wavefile voice mail from enhanced integration, they are receiving the voice mail several times and continues to send after it has been deleted. I know foward and copy is reliable, but they do not want to use it.
I have seen this as well, I can't remember the fix... but it seems to me once we got the logs and submitted them to Mitel, they had the answer quite quickly.

Offline pexecutone

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2016, 02:36:29 PM »
I went and grabbed the log files from the system and elevated it to Mitel. They have not gotten back with the results yet or a fix.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10