Author Topic: Inter-Tel CS-5200 / adding endpoint to Hunt group  (Read 1868 times)

Offline MikeL

• View Profile
Inter-Tel CS-5200 / adding endpoint to Hunt group
« on: January 07, 2016, 09:56:14 AM »
Hi All
Before I start I must apologise for my lack of telephony knowledge i'm a complete newbie when it comes to this area.
I have been asked to support a telephony solution consisting of an Inter-tel CS-5200 and a number of 8500 handsets in various offices.
The solution is currently working but I need to add an existing handset (are these known as endpoints ?) to an existing hunt group.
I have the IP address from the CS-5200 display panel but cant seem to access a web interface via HTTP or HTTPS.
I haven't attempted to connect via SSH as yet as ran out of allotted time whilst onsite.
If anyone could possibly point me in the right direction on how I may access the required config and what I need to amend I would be most grateful.
Thanks in Advance

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Inter-Tel CS-5200 / adding endpoint to Hunt group
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »
MikeL,

Well first off you will need to get the database programming software installed on your PC in order to make changes to database programming.

Next go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > {endpoints or phones: depending on software version} > then on the right hand side of the application screen you will need to find an open port and program it for the 8500. Then go and cross connect it to the location it needs to go.

After that you can add it to the Hunt Group.

System > Devices and Feature Codes > Hunt Groups > {hunt group id} > {Members or Agents; depends on what type of hunt group it is}:

This is where is gets a little tricky as we don't know if it is an ACD HG or a UCD HG and whether or not it is adding members individually or via an Extension List. Your best bet is to find out which one has members in it and then follow what has been done previously. If you don't know how to program the system yourself then it may be best to get someone who does if the call flow seems to be complicated.

Thanks,

TE

P.S. Here is the website for the demo of the phone.

http://www.inter-tel.com/portal/page/portal/demos/axxess_5000_endpoints/ax5k_OnlineUserGuide/8500_5k_demolist.htm
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:23:29 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2016, 10:49:11 AM »
Hi All
Before I start I must apologise for my lack of telephony knowledge i'm a complete newbie when it comes to this area.
I have been asked to support a telephony solution consisting of an Inter-tel CS-5200 and a number of 8500 handsets in various offices.
The solution is currently working but I need to add an existing handset (are these known as endpoints ?) to an existing hunt group.
I have the IP address from the CS-5200 display panel but cant seem to access a web interface via HTTP or HTTPS.
I haven't attempted to connect via SSH as yet as ran out of allotted time whilst onsite.
If anyone could possibly point me in the right direction on how I may access the required config and what I need to amend I would be most grateful.
Thanks in Advance
Just an add to what TE eluded too above, but didn't elaborate much...

Making programming changes to the Inter-tel/Mitel 5000 series phone system requires proprietary software that matches your system's software release... The SSH shell is only for maintenance functions (no programming changes can be made), and the web interface is either an end-user portal or for status and administrative upgrades, all the programming and changes to the system and voice processor must be done via the proprietary software.

Once you get that installed and communicating to the system, which may very well be (and should be) password protected, then TE's instructions above should make sense.

Offline MikeL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 11:34:57 AM »
Thanks Tech Electronics &  acejavelin for you advice, I think I need to get over my first stumbling block of getting the software. I have the SW revision from the LCD display so will go and hunt around for the correct version before venturing further. I've found that most of the network equipment onsite has the same admin password so hopefully the CS-5200 will be the same (fingers crossed).
Thanks again for the advice
Mike

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10