Author Topic: Original extension VM not picking up on Call Forward  (Read 2121 times)

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
Original extension VM not picking up on Call Forward
« on: January 04, 2016, 01:27:38 PM »
I looked around and there are many posts on call forwarding but I couldn't find this answer. It used to be that when a station had call forwarding always (CFA) set and there was not answer the call would return to the extension's VM, not the destination's. Now however calls are going to the destination VM (cell phone). I've checked the following forms.

System options > call rerouting timer=12
COS call fwd no answer timer=12
COS ringing timer=180
Call rerouting 1st alt.=1200 (Nupoint pilot #)

I created a copy of the IP phone COS and enabled CFA to my cell phone and have been changing timers and testing but it's just not working. I'm hopeing someone can point out what I'm missing or get me in the right direction. Thanks.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Original extension VM not picking up on Call Forward
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2016, 01:49:43 PM »
Are you saying that it's the cell phone's VM that is picking up and not the NuPoint?

Ralph

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 02:50:54 PM »
Ralph, that is correct.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 05:13:14 PM »
Check the Trunks COS for the timers.

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 05:45:01 PM »
The trunks COS had the CFNA timer set to 15. I changed it to 12 and 5 for the heck of it and the call forwarding still went to the cell phone voicemail.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2016, 08:23:16 PM »
Does the extension number use a second call reroute?
If it does then the timer in the system options takes affect.
Also, it will never work if you go out LS trunk lines.

Ralph

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 04:52:30 PM »
I was testing with my extension and there was a 2nd call reroute, also set to the Nupoint pilot number. However the call rerouting timer in system options did not reroute to my VM when changed. I've removed the 2nd call reroute.
I was able to get external calls to my extension (with call forwarding on) to reroute by removing the CF options from my phone, a 5340 btw. I had been using the Superkey so I removed all CF features from there. I found this in the help files:
"The Call Forwarding application on the 5330/5330e and 5340/5340e IP Phones is unaware of call forwarding state changes made by other methods such as Superkey. To avoid confusion, always use the Call Forwarding application to program call forwarding on the 5330/5330e and 5340/5340e IP Phones."
It still doesn't reroute when calling internally. If I call my extension from another extension and my extension is forwarded to my cell it still goes to the cell VM. I tried setting the CFNA on the CF app on the phone but that did not change the behavior. I'm not sure what is controlling this scenario, I thought it would be the trunk COS?

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2016, 11:40:26 AM »
I have to assume that your cell phone is actually ringing. 
If the cell phone is out of service it will go to it's voice mail.  There isn't an option there.

So starting from scratch so I'm sure I'm clear:
You forward your set on an always condition to the cell.
It's going out PRI trunks, correct?  (or SIP?)

Test by clearing your second alt and your 1st alt is "THIS" across the board.
Check the COS of the inbound trunk and the COS of the phone to be sure they're different enough so that you can tell which one is in use. 
If you testing internally then use a unique COS for the forwarded phone for the testing phase.

Place a call to the set while timing it.   If the call goes to the Cells VM then shorten one of the COS's timers to be as short as possible and retest.  If it still goes to the Cells vm reverse the timers on the COSs and test again.

Ralph

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2016, 07:19:39 PM »
"I have to assume that your cell phone is actually ringing.  If the cell phone is out of service it will go to it's voice mail.  There isn't an option there."

Yes, the cell phone is ringing and in service.

"You forward your set on an always condition to the cell. It's going out PRI trunks, correct?  (or SIP?)"

2 PRI trunks using the same COS and both for inbound/outbound.

"Test by clearing your second alt and your 1st alt is "THIS" across the board."

2nd alt cleared and 1st alt set to THIS across the board. This works when calling inbound across the trunks and the set has CF always to the cell turned on. It goes to the set's VM.

"Check the COS of the inbound trunk and the COS of the phone to be sure they're different enough so that you can tell which one is in use. If you testing internally then use a unique COS for the forwarded phone for the testing phase."

Changing the trunk COS (call forwarding no answer timer) affects calls inbound on the trunks with CF always on. However when calling the set internally, from another set, the call goes to the cell's VM. Changing either the test COS the set is in or the trunk COS does not change this.

The test COS call forwarding no answer timer seems to only affect calling the set when call forwarding is off. As soon as CF always is on the trunk COS timer comes into play, but only when calling the sets outside line, not internally. Am I missing another timer somewhere?

Thanks for your help and input, I really appreciate it!

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2016, 08:42:55 AM »
I'm scratching my head a bit here.
I'm not sure why this is happening for internal calls.
Here's something else to try:

Do a loc feat ext <ext> in maintenance and see if there is a CFNA assigned to it.
If not then use the FAC to forward the phone to VM on NA.

Ralph

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2016, 04:49:24 PM »
I've been scratching my head for a while now.

I checked and no features were active. I used the FAC to set CF NA Ext.& Int. but it still went to the cell phone VM. I double checked in maintenance Cmds and the CF NA was active.

It's strange because I don't recall this being the behavior previously. It seems to have suddenly changed and I have no idea why. Thanks again.

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2016, 08:11:10 AM »
Have you verified that the call is going out the PRI trunks and not for some reason overflowing to LS trunks?

There is one thing that does occur to me.
There is a chance that the cell phone carrier is providing you with answer supervision before the cell phone actually answers it.
One way to test this is to call a non-cell phone from a display set.  Watch to see when the display updates.  It should update when answered.
Then call the cell phone and watch to see when the display updates.
If when calling the cell phone it updates before actually answered then that will be the source of the problem and nothing you can do about it.

You can also do the same thing by using a stop watch, calling both phones for X seconds and then comparing the SMDR records.

Ralph

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2016, 04:38:19 PM »
There are only the 2 PRI trunks, I am not aware of an LS trunk so I'm pretty certain they are only going out the PRI's.

I tested for answer supervision and the display did not update until answered for calls to the cell, a magic jack # and local number. When answered the display changed to "PRI".

I was told by our vendor that changing the test COS Public Trunk option to Yes would it would work. I tested that however and it did not. He also was unsure of the repercussions of enabling this option were as am I.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10