Author Topic: Phone Tree Help  (Read 3187 times)

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
Phone Tree Help
« on: December 31, 2015, 01:32:18 PM »
Hi All

I am trying to setup an auto attendant on this system and need a lot of help.  I had our vendor do one for us and i wanted to try and copy that for another that we need setup.  I sure could user some help on this one.  I come from the 5000 world and the 3300 is totally  different.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: Phone Tree Help
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 01:41:36 PM »
A lot depends on what you want to do. Single level or multi level and how much you know at present. You will need to be comfortable with the phone (TUI) commands and the web programming to set it up.

Where are you starting from and what level of software has your system got?

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 01:56:45 PM »
x-man,

Here is what i do know.  Tech did some setup and has an extension setup under VM Multi-level Auto Attendants (x-5100).  There it point to 3 locations for the phone tree (option 1, 2, and 3)  The routing to those extensions are correct.  What i want to do is setup another very similar with only two locations.  I tried to setup a VM box with X-5101 and that was fine.  But there is no extension associated with 5101 and i don't know what to do about that.

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »
Is thgis on the same box (3300)? I would look at using ACD rather than the VM if it is. If on a separate and different 3300 then its a bit easier but you need a fair bit more knowledge than just setting up VM boxes.  I guess we need quite a bit more info to help properly.

Offline Bigpomaha

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2015, 04:22:46 PM »
This is on the same box.  Also we have two different offices on the same 3300.  One is a clinic and the other a hospital so that might make a difference. we have different departments that need routing done.  We have about 6 main DID numbers that come in here and most need some type of phone tree.  We already have one setup as i told you and i was trying toi mimic that one without calling a tech.  Are there any GOOD docs that help with the setup for the 3300?   Like i mentioned before i played with a 5000 for years but teh language is all different in the 3300 so I'ma bit lost on what things are.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 09:49:03 AM »
Are you using embedded VM or NuPoint?

There are ways of doing it but I'm not sure I can help you very much TBH. If you are using embedded VM then you will have to go one of two ways.

1: partition your vm ports so you have separate groups for each AA and then set them up so that an incoming DDI reaches a separate VM group but it gets complicated from there. You will have to record each AA per group and you will be restricted by the number of VM ports

2: Use dummy ACD groups and use a RAD as your AA and record your number list into that and allow dial through on the RADS. 1 each for every AA you create. I have never done this but I understand it works well for multiple AA's

If you are using NuPoint then I can't help I'm afraid. It can be done but I'm not NuPoint trained.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 05:45:22 PM »
It sounds like your vendor has setup a menu node type mailbox which is fine. The reason why most use the ACD Path work around is that they only want the greeting to play once and if no action is chosen to route to a destination. With a menu node it will play 3 times if no option is chosen and either disconnect or route to the operator.

The other limitation is that the destination of a menu node has to exist as a mailbox so if you require a few options it will cost you in mailbox licenses.

There are multiple ways to get the menu node an extension but I think the easiest is to create a huntgroup and then forward or reroute always to the VM Pilot number.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10