Author Topic: Mitel 5000 - System in Night Mode - some DIDs work  (Read 1965 times)

Offline nrgymover

• View Profile
Mitel 5000 - System in Night Mode - some DIDs work
« on: December 29, 2015, 11:41:45 AM »
Hello,

I want to be able to make an external inbound call to our Mitel 5000 system while the system is in night mode.

I call from my cell phone to our DIDs while the system is in night mode.  Certain DIDs will successfully ring through.  However some DIDs will 'ring forever' (but in reality the phone is not actually ringing).  And lastly some DIDs will go directly to our prompts (Call Routing Announcement).  Below is an example.

202-299-2448 (successfully rings through)
202-299-2468 (rings forever)
202-299-2435 (goes to prompts)

Why the discrepancy?  Where can I edit/change this.  I want to be able to call in to a DID while the system is in night mode.

Patrick

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel 5000 - System in Night Mode - some DIDs work
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 12:44:31 PM »
Check the CO trunk group to determine which call routing tables are used in day and night mode. It’s possible that not all DIDs are in the night table.

If there are only a few numbers that need different day/night routing, put only those numbers in the night table. Point the + and E entries at the bottom of the night table back to your day table. That will reduce the amount of data entry required and potential routing errors.

It’s all explained pretty well in the help screen, press F1 while at call routing tables.

Offline nrgymover

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 12:56:50 PM »
Thanks DND ON.  wow that was easy.  I just went to my 'Call Routing Tables' section.  And 1 is for Day and 2 is for Night.  I didn't configure any of the DIDs in the night section.  Thank again.   :)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 12:55:56 AM »
Typically in the "NIght" Call Routing Table you only program the DID's that ring in differently during the Night than they do during the day, and then as the last entry(s) put a "+" and an "E" and send them back to the Call Routing Table used for Day. This can save you a lot of time programming DID numbers.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10