Author Topic: Change network element of phone in users and services  (Read 2077 times)

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
Change network element of phone in users and services
« on: December 17, 2015, 05:34:04 PM »
We have a customer that we are configuring flow through provisioning for. They did not ever have single point provisioning enabled and have create a ton of phones themselves. The issue is that when they created the phones, they did not associate it with the correct network element in users and services. I am now seeing this as an error in the reconcile wizard. The help advises to reassign the phone to the correct element but, as far as I can tell, there is no way to do this. Can I change the element of a phone that has already been created in users and service without deleting it? If not, is it possible to delete a phone from users and services without deleting the mailbox that is associated with it?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Change network element of phone in users and services
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 10:38:28 PM »
In Users and Services if you cannot change the Network Element of the phone of the user, you will have to delete the phone and add it back in again to make it work properly. Remember that deleting the phone will remove the Nupoint mailbox and other services as well.

And no, you cannot delete the phone without deleting the mailbox to my knowledge.

Sounds like you are in a tough spot... How many nodes/phones are we talking about here?

Offline ccitechpatrick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 10:54:59 AM »
156 phones that are programmed for the wrong element. I talked to tech support for both MiCollab and NuPoint and they both said the same thing, I can't change the network element without deleting the phone and I cant delete the phone without removing the mailbox.

I am going to have to delete and recreate all phones and mailboxes and all the users are going to have to set up their mailboxes again.

Is it possible to pull a report from the NuPoint with the FCOS and advanced UM usernames for each mailbox?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 02:54:53 PM »
Yes, go to the terminal and use the text console for NuPoint, and do a mailbox print... it is quite long, but should give you the information you need.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10