Author Topic: Beeping while using the phones (20-30 second intervals)  (Read 4044 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Beeping while using the phones (20-30 second intervals)
« on: December 17, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Tech,
I got me a couple users who are saying that while using the phones (Internal or External) they get a beeping noise every 20-30 seconds. It should be known that they are NOT using a wireless handset or headset. As originally I had thought I may be linked to this:

But I have confirmed that this customer does NOT have any wireless devices attached to either of these two phones. Additionally it should also be noted that these devices have NOT failed over to a secondary ICP, which would also give off the beeping tones I'm told.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Beeping while using the phones (20-30 second intervals)
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 01:01:52 PM »
Are they being recorded?

Ralph

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 01:06:47 PM »
Are they being recorded?

Ralph

Hey ya there ralph,
Not that I'm aware of. This is happening on every single call too (again internally and externally). Also when the beeping occurs the audio cuts out so they miss a small piece of the conversation, would a recording beep cause that symptom too?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 02:22:04 PM »
All,
I just verified it is a quick double beep and is heard every 20 seconds. This site only has two phones at their location and while it was originally thought that it was happening to both phones, I have determined that it is only happening to one of them. I'm currently having this customer reboot his phone to see if that clears it up! I'll report back shortly.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 02:29:36 PM »
All,
Issue resolved. After a reboot the customer stated that there was no more beeping. Additionally the customer said that the call quality got better too. While not horrible to begin with when the beeping started to happen (i.e. no echo, static, delay, etc.) he did say that it sounded like I was in an empty room was the best way he could describe it. Not sure what caused it happen, but I'm glad it's fixed!

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10