Author Topic: Help installing sofware on CX II  (Read 2814 times)

Offline pakman

• View Profile
Help installing sofware on CX II
« on: December 16, 2015, 02:25:51 PM »
I don't have a lot of experience installing software on PBX's out of the box. I have put my laptop on the 192.168.1.0/24 subnet and connect via putty and tried to follow what's in the guide book. However, the message just keeps looping and I cannot stop it to program it's IP address so I can put new software on it.

any suggestions?

thanks,

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Help installing sofware on CX II
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 02:38:49 PM »
Try connecting with a serial cable and stopping it.

Ralph

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2015, 03:08:51 PM »
that's what I tried doing. I tried pressing the space bar and using C enter key.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 03:25:58 AM »
Does pressing the Space Bar 3 time when prompted stop it?

You also need you to set it to boot from network (motfcc), set the boot file to Boot_Install and set your ftp server and credentials.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2015, 08:14:00 AM »
no, pressing the space bar 3 times doesn't stop it, just continues to loop through the same message.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2015, 08:20:32 AM »
Try another emulator, maybe hyperterminal if you can.

I know there can sometimes be issues with USB adapters. Do you have another brand to try or a PC with a physical COM Port.

Offline MitelAvayaNortel

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2015, 08:44:27 AM »
I've had a similar issue once before, the serial cable was from a UPS and for whatever reason the 3 x spacebar presses weren't sent.  Swapping the cable though for my old Index lead and it worked straight away.

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2015, 01:36:41 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. My serial cable was a brand new cable that came with a UPS so I didn't think it would be a cable issue. I did find another serial to USB laying around and it worked. At the VxWorks Boot screen I entered C and looked at what was programmed and the inet on Ethernet is set to 192.168.1.2 so I'm not sure why I cannot ping this address with my pc on the same subnet. Shouldn't I be able to ping this then browse to that .2 and log in with the default username and password and from there upgrade the software?

thanks,

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 01:48:30 PM »
only after it has started booting will you will be able to ping it and you won't get anywhere till it has fully booted. Phones come up well before the web interface

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 06:21:31 PM »
Unless the system already has software installed you won't be able to browse to it until it loads.
There is no Web GUI until the system loads.

The process for software installing from the console is very different from using the Software Installer.
When the system is in the state you have it in the network has not started yet.

What boot loop are you getting? Is there any software already installed?

Offline pakman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2015, 11:03:48 AM »
Ok, I was able to get past the loop and now I can browse into the GUI. This box is a CX-II and I tried restoring from a current controller CX so I don't have to manually input a bunch of info. It failed and I was looking in the help file and I think I need to change the IP address of my new box to match the one from my backup file. Does that sound correct and is there anything else I need to do in order for this to work assuming I can do this?

thanks,

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2015, 02:51:17 PM »
Ok, I was able to get past the loop and now I can browse into the GUI. This box is a CX-II and I tried restoring from a current controller CX so I don't have to manually input a bunch of info. It failed and I was looking in the help file and I think I need to change the IP address of my new box to match the one from my backup file. Does that sound correct and is there anything else I need to do in order for this to work assuming I can do this?

thanks,
No, you should not have to do that at all, the backup/restore doesn't care what the IP address of the box is... most likely this is a license issue or software revision mismatch. You must license properly before a restore, if you don't have the proper licensing, the restore will fail.

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2015, 03:43:42 PM »
No, you should not have to do that at all, the backup/restore doesn't care what the IP address of the box is... most likely this is a license issue or software revision mismatch. You must license properly before a restore, if you don't have the proper licensing, the restore will fail.

Actually I could I swear I read that Mitel does say that the IP has to match for the backup to complete now. I tried to find my source, but I couldn't.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2015, 04:39:53 PM »
IP settings for the core box are stored in NVRAM/BIOS, not the database, except DNS and hostname, that is why a reboot is required if you change them, the OS reads those settings from the the hardware... although some services and other things could obviously break. In a production system, setting the IP address correctly before restoration is a good idea, but for testing I don't think it is mandatory but I can't recall if I have done it or not now that I think about it.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2015, 06:21:29 PM »
I also think Mitel saiys to make it the same ip address as what is on the backup prior to the restore

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10