Author Topic: Mitel Phone Manager Licensing (Solved)  (Read 3185 times)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Mitel Phone Manager Licensing (Solved)
« on: December 14, 2015, 08:40:15 AM »
Anyone,

I am installing my first Phone Manager Server, even though I am not certified, on a MS 2012 R2 Virtual Server. I am looking at the licensing that was sold, but it doesn't make any sense to me on how it really should be applied.

The only thing that shows up on the licensing when I put in my PR # is this.

54006309   MiVoice Office – enable Mitel Phone Manager

The licensing that it shows I should have for that PR below does not exist.

51302776   User, Pro, Manager, Mitel Phone
51303111   Kit, Starter, Mitel Phone Manager
51303116   SWAS, Std. Manager, 32 User   This one may be there, but since I don’t have the others I can’t create the record to apply it to.

I just read the manual and it says this:

Quote from: Mitel Manual
If this is a new site the Mitel Phone Manager Enabler p/n 24006309 must be applied to the phone system's ARID 24-36 hours before site installation. The license activation at the time of software installation will require that ARID and Mitel Account number.

Is there something I am missing or do they want me to apply that license to 5000's ARID?

If that is the case then what do I do to get the remaining licenses on the server?

Also if you know of any other catch-22's that I should be aware of I would appreciate it.

****UPDATE****

Alright, so the licensing for this product is different than the other Mitel products were are used to; not sure why. The thing that was missing was an email that should have been passed along that provided the following information.

Quote from: Xarios
PLEASE FORWARD TO INSTALLING TECH:
If this is a starter kit the Mitel Phone Manager Enabler p/n 54006309 (if this is for a migration kit the Mitel Basic Phone Enabler p/n 54006552 would be used instead) must be applied to the ARID 24-36 hours before site installation and the license activation at the time of software installation will require that ARID and Mitel Account number.

If this order is for additional licenses then the reseller must update the end user’s license following the process outlined in the I&M manual.

So, that was the information that was missing and explains why I thought I was getting the wrong licensing. The above license just adds (2) Category F licenses to the 5000 and then notifies Xarios that an ARID has been updated to have Phone Manager enabled. This is why it takes 24-36 hours before you can do anything with it as Xarios is not updated to know anything about it and the Phone Manager doesn't go to the AMC to get its licensing. The other piece is that Xarios knows what licensing was purchased based on the 5000's ARID that was used to make the initial purchase which ties it to a particular 5000.

Thanks,

TE
« Last Edit: December 15, 2015, 09:02:26 AM by Tech Electronics »

Offline mattybrownuk

• View Profile
Re: Mitel Phone Manager Licensing (Solved)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 04:42:46 PM »
Hi TE

Out of interest, was your application server installer any later than version 4.2.3338.2?  I've been trying to find out when 4.3 is being released - Xarios originally expected to have it completed by October, then I was told December, now I'm told that it depends when Mitel wants to release it... so it sounds to me like Xarios has completed it and handed it over to Mitel, but Mitel haven't tested/released it yet.

There's one major bugbear I have with 4.2 - the contact directories that can pull contacts from SQL databases, etc. only allow records to be added and updated - records that no longer exist in the source database will forever remain in the contact directory, unless you delete the whole directory and set it up again.

Thanks,

Matty Brown.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mitel Phone Manager Licensing (Solved)
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2016, 06:46:40 AM »
MattybrownUK,

Sorry for the late reply, but I am pretty sure it was release 4.2 that I installed.

As for the directory issue I did not run into that one so I have no answer for that one.

Sorry,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10