Author Topic: New Admin 3300 Oaisys Issues  (Read 3213 times)

Offline jrpayne30040

• Contributer
    • View Profile
New Admin 3300 Oaisys Issues
« on: December 11, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »
I am a new phone admin for a Mitel 3300 system which utilizes Oaisys call recording. I am having some issues with sporadic recording of internal calls (which is a new problem) and no recording of internal calls which has never worked. We currently have a very bad phone support company and cannot get responses from them in a timely manner. Therefore, I am trying to train myself and my co-worker to manage this system ourselves. It seems that the call recording is done by mirroring the switch port of the controller over to the switch port of the call recorder. (in our instance anyway). Other than that, it seems to me that decisions to record or not record should be made entirely in the Oaisys server (application, system). Is that a correct assumption? Forgive me for any ignorance as I am a network guy and not a phone guy (yet). I know there is also a server running call xpress and I understand that it manages the way calls are directed but don't know if it has anything to do with recording decisions. If I ask questions about names of apps, parts, etc that most of you know, I apologize in advance. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Jimmy Payne
Forsyth County Government

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: New Admin 3300 Oaisys Issues
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »
Hi Jimmy,

On the 3300 internal traffic is done directly phone to phone. So if the phones are on the same switch the RTP (Voice) will never pass through the mirrored port.
If the calls traverse the mirrored port to get to another switch then you will probably get recorded calls. Signalling is done to the 3300 so you will get the call info just no voice packets.

This is something you can probably confirm on site by testing internal calls between various switches.

For your setup you really need to get MBG (Mitel Border Gateway) with SRC (Secure Recording Connector) this can interface in to the Oaisys caller recorder.
This allows you to anchor/attach the RTP stream to the MBG/SRC (basically as a proxy) The MBG/SRC will then tap the calls off to the Oaisys.

Offline jrpayne30040

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 08:42:14 AM »
So let's say, hypothetically of course lol,  that the powers that be here will not provide the budget to employ those particular enhancements. Let's just say...... is there another method for doing that. Could a third NIC be installed in the Oaisys controller and have the phone vlan mirrored to that card and catch that kind of traffic. Or should I have my voice vlan mirrored to the Oaisys box instead of the controllers NIC? Anything from the controller should still be seen if the VLAN is mirrored. Correct assumption? Or is there signaling that the Oaisys box needs to see directly fro mthe controllers NIC?

Also is there any reason that you can think of that that external calls, both inbound and outbound would be recorded sporadically? This is something that recently started happening and we do not know why. So far our contractor has been zero help. They just escalated to Mitel and we still know nothing.

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 06:19:32 PM »
Do you have a PRI that the 3300 connects to? If so does your Oaisys server have a T1 card in it? This setup will record all inbound/outbound calls by connecting directly from the PRI.

Sarond's reply best explains extension to extension call recording and is the reason we decided not invest in internal call recording just for a few extensions.

Offline boycey9

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 03:48:49 PM »
There is loads of documentation available on Oaisys website, the below guide should give you the options you need.

http://oaisys.com/downloads/oaisys_installation_configuration_guide_2011.pdf

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10