Author Topic: External number to multiple extensions  (Read 1977 times)

Offline RN

• Contributer
    • View Profile
External number to multiple extensions
« on: December 11, 2015, 07:04:25 AM »
Hi all,

Currently we have an external DDI number directing to an internal phone, what we would like is to have the option to 'hand off' the external number so that when required, the external number would go to another phone.

For example 01234 56789 to extension 111 and then when the user moves to another location with internal number 112,  01234 56789 goes to 112 but does not ring on 111. The extensions of the phones need to stay the same, so not like a hot desking option, as all the internal numbers refer to specific locations.

Is this possible?

Offline x-man

• View Profile
Re: External number to multiple extensions
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2015, 07:43:18 AM »
Use the 'Follow me' feature. can be dialled using the FAC as required.

Offline RN

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 08:45:11 AM »
Thank you, I'll take a look into this.

I don't suppose you know if this can be done for external numbers only? So only an incoming call from an external number would be forwarded, and all internal calls would remain normal?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 10:53:40 AM »
The only way to that immediately is with a Call Reroute, which isn't easy to change by users... But the system has the ability to split call forwarding for Internal/External calls on a Busy or No Answer condition.

Otherwise you might want to make this a phantom extension and give the users who change this a User login to the web portal of the 3300 to change the forwarding. So DID 01234-56789 would point to 199, and there would be a user login for 199 to the web portal and users could point it where ever as needed using Call Forward Always

Offline x-man

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2015, 01:22:20 PM »
Not for my method (splitting calls internally and externally)

Similar to ace though is if you use  a link to the web portal with access to one area only. Use associated number and point the DDI to 199. When 199 logs in they could easily switch that to the new internal number and that would leave internal calls going to 199 as normal but the DDI will go to whatever is programmed.

It depends on how much you trust your user because they will have access to all numbers entered in the form. Not so bad if they are the only ones to use it though. Albeit its not a quick FAC and dial a number to send all calls to the new destination. Its open web browser/login/form/change/save and log out every time.

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2015, 04:40:56 PM »
Maybe you could have all the extensions in a hunt group or ring group, point the DDI to that. And give all the extensions group presence keys and only make the 1 extension present that needs to take the calls.

Just a thought :)

Offline RN

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2015, 06:23:59 AM »
Thanks for your help all - I did indeed try the hunt group and this appears to do what is wanted :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10