Author Topic: Changing IP on 3300 and other Mitel systems  (Read 3925 times)

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
Changing IP on 3300 and other Mitel systems
« on: December 10, 2015, 06:12:48 PM »
We are in the midst of an integration to a new corporate owner and are at the point of swapping out network gear and migrating to their MPLS. I will be changing the IP scheme of the Telecom system which includes a Mitel 3300 MXe, NuPoint UM standalone server, Mitel Border Gateway standalone server and Oaisys Tracer call recording server. DHCP has been moved to the corporate servers and we were able to test that successfully. Tomorrow evening at 5pm I'll be doing the IP changes and rebooting.

Since I have never done an IP change with a Mitel 3300 before I'd just like a heads up on anything I might miss. I'm assuming it will be a straightforward task of just changing the IP addresses and scopes. The MBG will get moved to a DMZ so that is another discussion entirely.

Thank you.

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing IP on 3300 and other Mitel systems
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 06:43:43 PM »
Yes as easy as that.
As long as you have your new DHCP scope ready it is a matter of changing the IP address in the System IP Properties form and reboot.

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2015, 01:25:07 PM »
Great, thanks for the response, I appreciate it.

Offline markyb73

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2015, 04:37:33 PM »
In the 3300 MXE you may need to also change the IP networking to reflect the new address of the controller.
If you have Operator consoles you will definately need to do this otherwise they will have problems connecting to the MXE controller.

With the NuPoint you will need to login either with SSH or a local screen connected and login with admin to the text based menu, select "configure this server", change its IP settings and reboot. Also in the NuPoint you will need to go in the offline menu and the line group (s) and tell the Nupoint the new IP address of the MXE so it knows where to register its IP ports to.

Similar with the MBG you will need to "configure this server"
Plus you will need to change the ICP setttings, again so the MBG knows where the MXE is.

Not sure about Oaisys but i would imagine changing the IP of the windows server and also somewhere in the management studio there will be an entry that tells tge Oaisys where the MBG is for voice taps, i think as well if you are changing IP addresses you will need to accept a new certificate from the Oaisys.

I have probably missed something,good luck.

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2015, 04:41:43 PM »
The 3300 IP change was straightforward we just had to turn off commands that forced the port to be an access point on the Juniper switch core port since the 3300 has a layer 2 switch.

The Nupoint IP change was also straightforward but the ports were out of service initially. I didn't realize in the Line Groups configuration those ports device association to the PBX had the IP address so that needed to be updated.

Oaisys just needed the CTI link updated to the new IP address the the Mitel service restarted.

One issue I'm still dealing with is the 5550 IP console. I've removed the software and reinstalled so I can run the configuration wizard however when it searches for ICPs it thinks there are 2 and defaults to the old IP address. The log viewer also show it trying to connect to that address and I'm wondering where it's pulling that info from.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2015, 06:50:56 PM »

One issue I'm still dealing with is the 5550 IP console. I've removed the software and reinstalled so I can run the configuration wizard however when it searches for ICPs it thinks there are 2 and defaults to the old IP address. The log viewer also show it trying to connect to that address and I'm wondering where it's pulling that info from.

As markyb73 said, you need to change the IP in the ICP/PBX Networking form, too. fwiw, this caught me out a few months back, too. I'd personally never touched this form before, so had no idea to look there.

Offline fcutler

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »
Matthew, thanks for the clarification, I was unsure what markyb73 was referring too. I should have inquired. I sorted alphabetically and found the form and made the change.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10