Author Topic: Email on WAN port  (Read 2056 times)

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
Email on WAN port
« on: December 10, 2015, 05:22:54 PM »
I'm sure this is some easy setting I am missing somewhere, but my MAS server is trying to send all emails out the LAN port.  Trouble is that with this particular install, the email server is only available from the WAN.  Is there an easy way to direct the emails on this?

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Email on WAN port
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 06:50:25 PM »
Sounds like your MiCollab Server is trying to send emails directly.
What is your Email Settings set to under Configuration?

Offline tlmagnus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 08:03:25 PM »
The email settings are pointed to the IP of the email server.  I have the user name and password entered, and the system can communicate with the email server from this network.  However, looking at the que of emails, it shows that the system is trying to connect to 127.0.0.1 - it apparently is still trying to send using it's own relay instead of attempting to connect to the supplied IP.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 11:40:37 PM »
Sorry, just off the top of my head...

Is the WAN port configured and working properly? Is the IP address of the mail server configured or domain name? if domain name, are you using internal resolution or corporate DNS? Is the IP address of the mail server in the same subnet as the MAS server? Is the subnet of the mailserver setup in the trusted networks with the wrong gateway?

If you SSH in and login as root, can you do a ping <DN/IP address of mail server> and tracepath <DN/IP address of mail server> ? (the command might be traceroute and not tracepath, can't remember)

If it is really just going out the wrong port, you can make a static route statement in the MAS server GUI to make that IP use a specific gateway.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 11:41:14 PM »
Sorry, just off the top of my head...

Is the WAN port configured and working properly? Is the IP address of the mail server configured or domain name? if domain name, are you using internal resolution or corporate DNS? Is the IP address of the mail server in the same subnet as the MAS server? Is the subnet of the mailserver setup in the trusted networks with the wrong gateway?

If you SSH in and login as root, can you do a ping <DN/IP address of mail server> and tracepath <DN/IP address of mail server> ? (the command might be traceroute and not tracepath, can't remember)

If it is really just going out the wrong port, you can make a static route statement in the MAS server GUI to make traffic to that IP address/subnet use a specific gateway.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10