Author Topic: No ring to DID for new Extension  (Read 1374 times)

Offline MikeHutson

• View Profile
No ring to DID for new Extension
« on: December 10, 2015, 11:39:33 AM »
Greetings!

I am new to the Mitel world and have inherited a Mitel Phone System. I have a new user that we setup as X1867. However when you call her DID 281-XXX-1867 there is nothing. No ring tone, no busy signal, its just silence and the call does not go though. I have setup other new users with new phones and not had this issue, so I am sure I just missed a step. Any help that you can provide would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: No ring to DID for new Extension
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2015, 01:01:32 PM »
MikeHutson,

Are you sure that the DID is one that is currently owned and on your PRI or SIP Trunking?

Thanks,

TE

Offline MikeHutson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2015, 01:13:36 PM »
We were told via Mitel Support that we had the 1800 block setup. we have extensions running from 1801-1885. Extensions above and below the non working 1867 are currently working.

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 02:11:32 PM »
On some brands there is a direct correlation between the DID, but on 5000 you must establish that relationship yourself.  A little more work, but much more flexibility (a given number could ring Joe this week, an announcement next week, and Fred after that).  This relationship is established under SYSTEM/TRUNK RELATED INFORMATION/CALL ROUTING TABLES.  Hopefully you'll find one or mare tables there with names like MAIN PRI or ATT DAY.  Open up the most obvious one and you should see all your numbers with a RING IN TYPE (usually SINGLE) and RING IN DESTINATION for each.  Just add your new destination extension where appropriate.

If you have to add your new PATTERN (the part of the DID carrier is sending) be sure it's not below the "+" pattern, if that exists.  Plus means (any other number", and is typically used to catch DIDs you haven't yet put in the table.

This whole business is so flexible that there are many more complicated routing tricks that might be in place (such as also routing by caller ID or using only an exceptions table for night).  Let us know if you find something strange and we'll help figure it out

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2015, 12:44:03 PM »
check the call routing table and see if it is pointed to the extension

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10