Author Topic: Interflow path not working  (Read 2993 times)

Offline moona

• View Profile
Interflow path not working
« on: December 07, 2015, 06:34:16 PM »
Hi guys,

I have a queue that I wish to interflow to another queue if not answered in 10 seconds. My programming as far as I can see is correct but calls will not follow this interflow path and just sit there ringing on whichever agent is available in the first queue

So queue path (551) interflows to queue path (552) after 10 seconds. What am I doing wrong here?

MICC

MCD

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Interflow path not working
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 09:05:24 AM »
but calls will not follow this interflow path and just sit there ringing on whichever agent is available in the first queue

This is the reason why I believe. If an agent is available in the primary queue and the system is offering them a call, it's not going to interflow an offered call.

All the agents in the primary queue would have to be busy, logged out, or otherwise unavailable (DND or Make Busy) before it would interflow the call.

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 05:00:23 PM »
but calls will not follow this interflow path and just sit there ringing on whichever agent is available in the first queue

This is the reason why I believe. If an agent is available in the primary queue and the system is offering them a call, it's not going to interflow an offered call.

All the agents in the primary queue would have to be busy, logged out, or otherwise unavailable (DND or Make Busy) before it would interflow the call.

Ok that makes sense as annoying as it is. So if this call is ringing on the agents phone there is no way to pass it onto another queue via interflow or overflow to another agent group if the agent doesn't pickup the phone in x amount of seconds? It will always ring indefinitely on that agents phone.

What I really want is a call to pass through agents for 10 seconds each like a Circular Cascade Ring group would. Really wish Mitel would implement some more queue methodologies  :-\

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:07:30 PM by moona »

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 05:19:13 PM »
Ok that makes sense as annoying as it is. So if this call is ringing on the agents phone there is no way to pass it onto another queue via interflow or overflow to another agent group if the agent doesn't pickup the phone in x amount of seconds? It will always ring indefinitely on that agents phone.

What I really want is a call to pass through agents for 10 seconds each like a Circular Cascade Ring group would. Really wish Mitel would implement some more queue methodologies  :-\

You can, but it would log the agent out of the queue. And they'd have to log themselves back-in to be offered any more calls.

If what you want is the functionality of ring-groups, why not use a ring-group?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 05:24:30 PM by bluewhite4 »

Offline moona

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 05:29:23 PM »

You can, but it would log the agent out of the queue. And they'd have to log themselves back-in to be offered any more calls.

If what you want is the functionality of ring-groups, why not use a ring-group?

I think that Mitel's purpose and logic behind queues is really very sound, but it has to be used for it's intended purpose. To give calls to employees who's primary job roll is answering calls, i.e. Call Centers.

Have found the reporting on RGs to be pretty average compared to reporting on a queue. Also being an ACD Hotdesk agent provides dynamic status integration into the UCA client alongside the Ignite sidebar.

I guess I am in that tricky middle ground with Mitel, where the users are not full time call center agents and as such want calls to pass through users as they are not always at their desk but still want the features etc that queues/ACD agents provide. Ring groups would provide the ringing methodology they require but not the rest of it.

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 01:05:57 AM »
If you can train the users to be disciplined enough, you can use group presence keys to have them in or out of queues when they are at their desks (or not).

Offline matthew

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 06:29:31 PM »
OK, after a 5 hour light aircraft flight out of the Australian Outback yesterday, I missed the obvious and easier solution - you can use Make Busy keys, which you probably already have.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10