Author Topic: Outbound Caller ID question  (Read 3040 times)

Offline wareagle7298

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Outbound Caller ID question
« on: December 07, 2015, 04:02:41 PM »
We recently went live on a Mitel 3300 phone system.  When we make outbound calls it is showing up as our 800 number. We asked our reseller to change this to our local number 10 digit number in the Mitel system. They said that this was an issue with our Telco provider 'projecting' the wrong number.  I started a ticket with our Telco provider and they said it was an issue with the PBX setup (go figure!).  On our old phone system this was definitely set up on the PBX in the PRI setup.  My hunch this has maybe not been properly programmed into the Mitel and the phone company is defaulting to the 800.  My preferred way to fix this would ofcourse to be in the PBX so that we can have control over it in the future. I'm not overly concerned with who is right or wrong, I just want the knowledge to be able to get it fixed as quick as possible.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Outbound Caller ID question
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:36:15 PM »
It might be nice to know what kind of trunks these are?

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 06:58:09 PM »
It could be either of the two.
If you upgraded to a 3300 without changing your PRI trunking (It is PRI, correct) then I would suspect that your dealer didn't set up the CPN substitution correctly.   If this is a new PRI then it could easily be the carrier.

Have your dealer turn on CCS traces in maintenance and make a outbound test call.  You should see in the traces the caller ID you want to present.   If you see it then call the carrier.  If you see the 800 number then have the dealer fix it.

Ralph

Offline wareagle7298

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2015, 12:24:56 PM »
Sorry I glossed over the fact that yes, indeed, these are PRI trunks.  They are not new, we have had them for about 5 years, but they had been used by our old phone system also.  Thanks for the assistance!  I will try to come back and update once it is resolved. The dealer is supposed to be onsite tomorrow.

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 02:11:42 PM »
Something you can try:
Go to the Associated Directory Number form.
In the fist field put in your extension number. 
In the drop down box select CPN Substitution
In the Associated Number field put in the Caller ID you want to show for your extension.
Save it.

Next make a call to your cell.
If the caller ID show the number you put in then there's no question that it's the dealer that has to fix this.

Ralph

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10