Author Topic: Voice mail email attachment  (Read 4181 times)

Offline wareagle7298

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Voice mail email attachment
« on: December 07, 2015, 03:51:51 PM »
We recently went live with a Mitel 3300.  We have a MiVoice Business license and we are running MiCollab client software. When a user receives a voice mail, they receive an email (we are running Exchange 2010) that contains a link to the 'UC-Server'.

Subject: Voice message from (CallerID)

Body of message contains:
CallerID
Duration

and a link to download the message in the format (UC-SERVER.INTERNALDOMAIN.COM)

For whatever reason I don't get the full confidence that my resellers have done a lot of these installs. So I'm throwing it out there to the world. Is there a way to have the voice message attached to that email, or, is there a way to change the link such that it could be open from the internet (public domain) - UC-SERVER.PUBLICDOMAIN.COM ???  Basically it would be nice to be able to play these messages over our cell phones the way we could with our old phone system. 
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:04:01 PM by wareagle7298 »

Offline ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
Re: Voice mail email attachment
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:03:50 PM »
You can certainly forward the emails to your email and not just a link.

Ralph

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 09:07:00 AM »
It sounds like you have a full version of the MiCollab server (formerly MAS), and are using NuPoint for your voicemail.

If you log into the /server-manager console of the MiCollab server, do you see NuPoint as one of the top-left nav items?

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 09:28:50 AM »
When you build a user in MAS and give them "Standard Unified Messaging", the default on the mailbox is "Audio Link"... you have to open the Nupoint Web Console, go to the mailbox and next to "Standard UM Email Address X" change the type from Audio Link to Audio Attachment.

You can make this change to a range or selection of mailboxes as well, but if you add unified messaging to a mailbox after it is built, you will still have to touch the mailbox and make the change.

Offline wareagle7298

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2015, 12:29:21 PM »
Thank you everyone for your replies! Honestly we have been on the 3300 system for about a month, but outside of some official Mitel 'Call Center' training (we have Call Center), I never was trained on either the Micollab server or the main 3300. The dealer is supposed to be out tomorrow to give me some basic training (changing passwords, removing users, etc...).  While they are out here I will have them make the messaging change (if we do indeed have all the required hardware/software).

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10