Author Topic: What's wrong with my routing?  (Read 1965 times)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
What's wrong with my routing?
« on: December 04, 2015, 07:37:58 PM »
I thought I knew the 3300 pretty good, but a recent install is driving me crazy for about 7 departments that all want the same thing, I'll give an example:

DID comes into PRI, rings a group of 3-5 phones then goes to call director. Sounds simple, right?

Now let me add these kickers; each phone has its own voice mail box,  internal callers want to dial the main dept phone and be routed like an outside caller, and the DID needs to be forwarded to an external number at random times with a single key press (on and off).

I thought I had this figured out

1) DID hits DID translation table that routes to one of extensions in the ring group,  1150 for this example,  it is the phone with a CFA key programmed to external number and GMB for dept
2) 1150 is call rerouted immediately under all conditions to ring group 3150
3) ring group 3150 rings 1150, 1151, and 1152 for 30 seconds then overflows to 4150
4) 4150 is a name tag hunt group that call reroutes immediately under all conditions to 2500 (Nupoint pilot #)
5) in Nupoint, 4150 is a call director mailbox with a menu

Other info: 3 node cluster, all IP phones,  groups, and nupoint hosted on virtual 3300; MXe at same site hosting PRI,  some sets resilient point, and analog sets;  CX remotely located with PRI and resilient location for some phones.

Result: pickup any phone in the cluster and dial 1150, the group rings, then after 30 seconds drops me into correct call director mailbox. But if you dial the DID, the group rings but on overflow it goes to mailbox 1150.

Call forwarding works properly internally or calling DID.

What am I missing that an external caller isn't hitting call director like an internal call?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 01:30:23 AM by acejavelin »

Offline lundah

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Chief Grunt
    • View Profile
Re: What's wrong with my routing?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 01:31:53 PM »
I've had issues with stuff like this before. Check COS on the NuPoint ports, make sure "Display Held Call ID on Transfer" is set to "Yes".

If that doesn't work, try the old way of handling the 4150 number, where it's an empty ACD path overflowing to NP instead of the NameTag Hunt Group.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: What's wrong with my routing?
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 02:51:14 PM »
I've had issues with stuff like this before. Check COS on the NuPoint ports, make sure "Display Held Call ID on Transfer" is set to "Yes".

If that doesn't work, try the old way of handling the 4150 number, where it's an empty ACD path overflowing to NP instead of the NameTag Hunt Group.
Thanks! I'll check the ports COS.

I tried routing them to an ACD Express Path initially, failed on internal and external calls, that's why I switched to Name Tag hunt group.

Could this have something to do with the system option Maximum Call Forward Hops? I see this was set to 4...
Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10