Author Topic: phantom mail box not picking up.  (Read 2339 times)

Offline caroln

• Contributer
    • View Profile
phantom mail box not picking up.
« on: November 30, 2015, 03:57:54 PM »
My first ? to this site.
mivoice 250, analog lines in. nothing special.
phantom ext is built,  user is built,   VM picks up when called internally.  but not on trunk calls.
I watch the call via the SAD tool, the call is hitting the ext,  but no VM picks up.  any thoughts?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: phantom mail box not picking up.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 04:48:19 PM »
Inspect SYSTEM FORWARDING for that user, make sure appropriate flags are on, maybe copy from a user who's working okay.  Check FLAGS for that user, make sure SYSTEM FORWARDING is on (users often turn off accidentally by using feature code)

Offline caroln

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 05:05:47 PM »
sys forward paths is set for 2500,  allow IC calls on. 

Offline caroln

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 05:10:59 PM »
Sys Forward flag is on.  also,  not using any CRA,  No AA,  just a call route table,   as I said when I watch the call come in, it is dialing
that phantom extension as expected,  just no VM box picking up?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 05:47:32 PM »
Maybe a manual forward on?  Did it ever work?  In the SYS FWD FLAGS are STATION-IMMEDIATE and all FWD CALL TYPE FLAGS on?
How about if you replace the 2500 (voice mail) path with another, maybe one you build that goes to your extension?  Or do a manual forward to voice mail instead of using system fwd (359-station-pass-355-destination)?

Offline caroln

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 06:29:08 PM »
this is a new build on test bench,  to be deployed to the field.  So I have tried both your ideas here and neither are working.  jeez this is kind of weird.  I'm comparing it to another system, similar set up.
call comes in hits HG 2000,  (ringing only one set)  recalls to HG 2001 (ringing other sets) recalls to HG 2002 (ring phantom ext.) which has a recall of 2500  -  should hit the VM box??

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 07:21:27 PM »
Yes, if it's mailbox 2002. Otherwise you need to recall to a CRA that times out to the mailbox.

Offline caroln

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 09:04:39 PM »
so now I'm hitting the voice processor greeting.  still not hitting my mail box?  what if I delete the phantom user and just have a non associated mail box?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 10:30:10 PM »
Build an ASSOCIATED mailbox that matches the HG ext.  Since the HG recall is VM, call never goes to the phantom at all.  If you build that matching mailbox all will be well...it goes to generic VM now because it can't find a mbox that matches the HG ext.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2015, 07:52:56 AM »
caroln,

What DND ON and dwayneg are telling you is correct and it should work, but not the way you are expecting. Here is what you are saying that you have.

HG 2000 -Recall-> HG 2001 -Recall-> HG 2002 -Recall-> VM 2500

With this setup the last recall will be looking for an associated MB 2002 and not the Phantom Extensions Mailbox.

I am not sure as to why you would jump between HG for this scenario, but you need to make sure that the last Recall timer is set to the time you want it to be before going to its Mailbox. If you are looking at an overall time then you will need to adjust each Recall accordingly to allow for it. One thing you may not be thinking about is that a Phone or Phantom will not following its System Forwarding when being alerted there is a call in a Hunt Group and therefore it will not go to its mailbox. With your current setup you will need to create an associated Mailbox for HG 2002 and then tell it what extension you want it to notify when it gets a message along with any other flags or services you need to configure on it. If you want it to go directly to a particular mailbox then you will need to create a Call Routing Announcement that times out to the Mailbox you want it to go to and then remove the default day and night greetings so that it does it immediately. Once you create that then you would change your last recall destination on HG 2002 from VM 2500 to the CRA 25xx and all should work as expected.

Thanks,

TE

Offline caroln

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2015, 10:55:47 AM »
thank you all,  I was struggling with this.  Customer wanted a group mbox to pick up after a series of other sets had rung.  gave 2002 a mail box and it is now picking up. 
much appreciated.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10