Author Topic: Users Last Name not in the directory  (Read 5426 times)

Offline roywata69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Users Last Name not in the directory
« on: November 23, 2015, 11:38:37 AM »
I am new to the mitel phone system, so forgive me if I leave any information needed out.
I have a user with a digital phone that is no longer listed in the directory.  All other users are listed by last name.
A couple of questions:
1.  Where can I see a list of the extensions in directory?
2.  What could be some reasons why her name is no longer there?
3.   Possibly related, I also am not able to transfer or forward voice mails to this user.

Thank you
Roy

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Users Last Name not in the directory
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 12:15:48 PM »
Users are shown in the directory by their entry in "Description" which is typically in the format Lastname, Firstname. Note that if the entry begins with a tilde (~Lastname, Firstname), it will not be displayed in the directory or the Dial by Name directory.

Offline roywata69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 12:35:13 PM »
Her name is correct in the Description.  I have even retyped it to be sure and then checked again.  No extra spaces or anything of the such. 

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2015, 01:16:11 PM »
Roywata69,

Exactly which directory is the user missing from; phone or voice processor?

If is is the phone directory then it is just a simple name format, which you already verified. If it is the voice processor then look under there for the users mailbox.

Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes > {user}.

If you don't find the mailbox then your problem is solved and you need to create one by right-clicking on the far right of the application screen and then create an associated mailbox that would be associated with the users phone. Configure the new mailbox the same as one that is working that you want the users mailbox to work like.

Hopefully that solves your problem, but if it doesn't then just reply back.

Thanks,

TE

Offline roywata69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2015, 01:29:34 PM »
So the mailbox is there.  It has been there for quite awhile.  Years maybe

Here is the other odd thing.  In the mailbox under Subscriber statistics everything is zero'd out.  No last logon data or last logon time.  Also when I call the user's ext internally her name does not come up.

To verify what my goal is.  When client call and they reach our phone directory by hitting # The user\line is not listed by last name or first name.  I also dont knwo if this is a new issue or existing as I am newish here and I was not able to verify that it ever did work.  It does however work for all other digital lines.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 01:31:43 PM »
Roywata69,

Has the mailbox been initialized? It says on the initial page of the mailbox whether it has been setup or not.

Thanks,

TE

Offline roywata69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 01:33:08 PM »
yes

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 01:36:56 PM »
Roywata69,

Alright so if your dial the application extension number for Voice Mail, you can find that under Voice Processor > Devices > Applications > Voice Mail; by default it is 2500. Then dial the users mailbox extension, what happens?

Thanks,

TE

Offline roywata69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 01:52:06 PM »
It goes to a vmail but her recording is not there.  If I dial her extension I get her recording but I feel like the line is being forwarded to another number or somewthing.

So I dial 2500 enter mailbox # and no recording
Dial ext and it rings the user's name is not displayed instead our company name is displayed, (not what is in the description of the ext).  I have no user or mailbox with our company name attached.
Even our general mailboxes are labeled differently so the ext in question is not being forwarded to those mailbox.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 02:00:05 PM »
Roywata,

Go to the persons phone and unplug it from the wall. When you plug it back in it will provide you some numbers in a format like 1:2.1.1 which is where the phone is physically tied to the system. Also verify when it comes up that the extension is what you expect it to be.

Then go to System > Devices and Feature Codes > Phones and look for that PLID (Physical Location ID). Is that the person you are working with?

Thanks,

TE

Offline roywata69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 02:29:00 PM »
So to go into more detail here.  This is a remote office.  The user is a remote(WFH) user and has a softphone.  There is no phyical digital phone anymore as this user does not come into the office anymore.  This user was setup before dynamic extension expresss.  Her softphone rings when the digital ext is dialed but it the softphone ext is not in her Dynaminic Extension Express. 

After some more digging I can see
Voice Processor\Application\Local
Extension: 2617
Desciption: Ext 4054
Username: mbx4054
Type call routing annoucement

In extension 2617 the attendant is none.

I understand this is the one of the old way to setup user with thier softphones and digital phones.  Didnt realize it was done to this user though.

I am thinking the mailbox associated with her digital phone is not the mailbox she is using, but I do not know how to trace this any farther

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 02:53:13 PM »
Roywata69,

Well that clears things up a bit. Most likely this has never really worked for the user properly and you didn't know it.

What you need to do is find out what the softphone's extension is and then we can set this up correctly.

You may need to get them to call you as an IC call so you can see what the username is for their softphone and then just look for that under phones.

There are other ways to find it, but this may be the easiest way for you.

Thanks,

TE

Offline roywata69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 03:12:53 PM »
I know the users soft phone and digital ext

4054 = digital
4208 = soft

How they are actually connected without with dynamic extension express i have no idea

Offline roywata69

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 03:35:14 PM »
Can i get a bump on this

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 02:24:24 PM »
roywata69,

Sorry it took so long to answer, but I went on vacation for the Holiday and assumed someone would be able to finish answering this thread.

Anyway, on to resolving your issue if you haven't solved it already on your own.

1. Look in the Call Routing Announcement [2617] under the Digit Translations and see what it times out to.
- This should be MB 4054 if not write down what is in the Timeout position.

2. Go to Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes > 4054 [or whatever was in timeout from the step 1.] and look for that mailbox. If it doesn't exist there then go to Voice Processor > Devices > Extension IDs > 4054 and see if it is there.

3. Verify that the description of the phone is the users name in the format of Lastname, Firstname. If the user's name has a special character in it such as O'Toole the ' needs to be removed or they will never be found.

4. Verify that the Mailbox has been Initialized.

5. Check to see what the Message Notification Phone Value is. This should be the user's softphone [4054?].

6. Go to Voice Processor > Devices > Mailboxes [Extension IDs] > 4054 > Directory Information and make sure that both Items are set to No.

So, if a person calls in and presses # for the Directory it will look in either the Last Name or First Name Directory depending on how it was programmed. Once the first 3 digits are dialed for the name it will look in the Description Field of all Mailboxes and Extension IDs to find a suitable match. If it fails to find an exact match it will go to the next closest match and make you look for the person that way. The things that will stop this from working are:

1. The person doesn't have a mailbox or extension ID
2. The mailbox is not initialized. <- Only an issue on certain versions of software.
3. The Mailbox or Extension ID is Unlisted or Private
4. The Description of the Mailbox or Extension ID has a special character in it, ~ or ', that can't be dialed on a phone keypad.

Those should be the only programmable reasons a person can't reach someone via the Voice Processor Directory.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10