Author Topic: Mitel 3000  (Read 5139 times)

Offline Only1russ

• Contributer
    • View Profile
Mitel 3000
« on: November 20, 2015, 05:32:17 PM »
Our school was given a Mitel 3000 system.

What is a good resource to reset the programming to factory default and then begin adding names etc

Also it is missing the network card is there a resource where I can purchase one and added to the system?

And before anyone says we could use it for an upgrade our current phone system is over 30 years old... and while I would prefer to do so this at least puts us a decade or two ahead of where we are now if there is any way to resurrect this system.

If I plug phone lines in it works the user names are just in the system Bob Joe and Phil aren't exactly Sue Sally or Kelly

I would like to customize it at least a little bit with the phone directory and possible voicemail...

THANKS

-- Russ

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Mitel 3000
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 05:44:59 PM »
I moved this to the Mitel 5000 forum because there is no better place for it, the 5000 is it's closest cousin (and I know that is pushing it)... but it does not belong in the 3300 section (which defies logic to the uninitiated)

More to your question, the manual is freely available here: http://edocs.mitel.com/UG/EN/Inter-Tel/Inter-Tel%203000%20User%20Guides/Installation%20and%20Maintenance%20Manual%20Mitel%203000_Rev1_LR2734_06201_1.pdf or on manualslib.com

As far as parts go, sorry, I don't know... for Mitel refurb parts I usually recommend Craig Communications or Dean Enterprises, but maybe someone more familiar with this box can answer better.

Programming this also requires special proprietary software and a special cable (P/N LR5853.06200) that has an RS-232 connection on one end and a RJ11 plug on the other end. Again, I will have to defer to someone with more knowledge on this piece of equipment than myself.

Offline markdevoll

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 06:50:35 PM »
the mitel 3000 doesn't connect to an ip network. if you have ip phones then you will need a broadband module. why do you want it connected to an ip network?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 01:52:19 PM »
I would also chime in and say that the majority of the systems programming can be done via the "Admin" phone, which is usually extension 20 on the system. (Unless someone changed it.)

Offline Only1russ

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 05:52:20 PM »
the mitel 3000 doesn't connect to an ip network. if you have ip phones then you will need a broadband module. why do you want it connected to an ip network?
I have a fiber optic cable running to another building that I would be unable to run phone lines to. Our computer network runs through the fiber optic cable so if I can use data for broadcast the phone system over the network that would be grand. In a different business we own a Mitel 5000. I know they are two completely different systems and 5000 is much better but without a budget I am wondering if it would work over the network at all even if I can find a used card if one exists.

Offline Only1russ

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 05:54:09 PM »
I would also chime in and say that the majority of the systems programming can be done via the "Admin" phone, which is usually extension 20 on the system. (Unless someone changed it.)
Extension 20 as with all of the extensions on the base set make the statement programming not possible should I assume this means my only option would be with the cable mentioned in the first reply?

Offline bluewhite4

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 10:08:56 PM »
Extension 20 as with all of the extensions on the base set make the statement programming not possible should I assume this means my only option would be with the cable mentioned in the first reply?

More than likely, yes.

Offline Option128is404d

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2015, 08:24:16 AM »
I dont install these anymore, but am certified on this Kraco. I took a look at my cable and the RJ11 is pinned out with a blue wire on 1, orange on 3, and green on 4.  So if you have an old DB9 laying around it looks like TX/RX which is pins 2 and 3 on RS232 would go to pins 1 and 3 on the RJ11, and RS232 ground pin 5 would go to pin 4 RJ11.  That is my best guess, use with caution because I don't know that to be absolutely correct.  I don't want to be responsible for any damage to your system.  If you log into Mitel On Line and create an account the software is still available for these even though they discontinued the North American version and no longer support it or update it.  I'm not sure if you can gain access to the software downloads without being a certified tech or vendor for MOL.  Parts are still available though, we had to order a CO card for a guy about 6 months ago.  As far as the broadband card and IP phones go the only phone supported on the 3000 is the 5330.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10