Author Topic: 5610 IP Dect, in HG but NOT ringing, and cannot answer?  (Read 3162 times)

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
5610 IP Dect, in HG but NOT ringing, and cannot answer?
« on: November 20, 2015, 12:34:24 PM »
I have a Mitel 5000 (MiVOff250) 6.0.11.98
This system is licensed for multiple phones, ip and sip etc.
I have 3 5610 Sip DECT cordless phones at this customer.
I have 2 of these sip dect phones in a hunt group with 1 IP (5320) phone.
When calling said DID, which is pointed to hunt group, the 5320 rings. The SIP Dects DO NOT.

They are currently in a "Phone" extension list. I have tried placing them into the members individually, and as a hunt group extension list, as well as a phone extension list. NONE of these options make the cordless phones ring.

If I pick up the 5610 of choice #1 or #2, and call one of the IP phones on site, it rings through just fine and the 5320 that i call, shows the call coming from the 5610 Extension. When I call the 5610 from the desk phone (5320) is shows "set unplugged" on the display?

If I point the DID directly to one of the SIP Dect and call the DID the caller hears ringing, but the phone does NOT ring.

Please help! :)

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 5610 IP Dect, in HG but NOT ringing, and cannot answer?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2015, 02:16:42 PM »
cpegeno,

I have only had that problem when there was a firewall in-between the 5610 and the 5000; is this the case for your site?

Are the 5610 phones showing the moon symbol on the display to show that it is registered?

Are all 3 of these 5610 phones attached to the same Dect Stand?

I also noticed that you were not at the latest version 6.0.11.119, but I don't remember there being any issues with the 5610 on this version either.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 03:43:02 PM »
TE,

Yes this site is actually across the property, and has a firewall between. We have opened the ports with port forwarding, and can call out etc. with 2 way audio. If you have a list of ports that need to be set open in TCP or UDP or both, I could greatly use that. All 3 phones are on one stand. We hadn't had any issues previously with this setup, but now we are having issues.

Any guidance/advice would be greatly appreciated!

Geno

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 04:22:20 PM »
I'd start by bringing the phones to the PBX side of the property and testing, rule out any possibility of equipment failure or PBX programming.  If that's okay you've pinned it down to a network issue.

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 09:38:27 AM »
Well... with the Network in "DMZ" the phones work great! ...
With that being said, I can call out from these phones now that the ports are back to secure.
I can call the cordless phones via extension, partially (some times).

Other than that, no worky. 5610 has proven to me, to be NOTHING but issues.

Offline IPInstaller

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 10:01:41 AM »
That will be why Mitel have discontinued the 5610!

If you want DECT go for the Mitel IP DECT. It is expensive but you get what you pay for.

IPI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2016, 07:59:50 AM »
cpegeno,

The firewall may be blocking unsolicited sip traffic from the 5000 to the base of the IP Dect 5610 Phone when there is an incoming call notification from the Mitel 5000 system to the IP Dect 5610 phone.

If this is the case, the firewall needs to be configured to allow unsolicited sip traffic from the Mitel 5000 system to the rest of the network where the IP Dect 5610 phone resides.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 12:49:10 PM »
Firewall issues are fixed. I can call out from this line, showing correct caller id. When i call each directly, the display on the 5320 phones is showing "unplugged" for the extension...I have built this hunt group as a "Phone" extension list, then as a "Hunt group" extension list, Neither work to have the 5610s ring with the 5320.
When I have it as either, the main 5320 in the list rings, but the 2 SIP Dect sets do not. I am assuming that I am overlooking the build of this.

I just need the hunt to ring ALL 3 phones. The 5320 and the 2 sip dects simeultaneously. The hunt is also set to Distributed. :(

No luck so far, please help!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 02:12:56 PM by cpegeno »

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2016, 08:11:57 AM »
cpegeno,

I have (3) 5610 cordless phones that I will be working on today. I will be able to try and recreate your problem and hopefully provide you a solution.

Thanks,

TE

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2016, 08:23:55 AM »
TE,
New update. If i pick up the cordless and call outbound it works fine (accessing trunk etc)
If i use the cordless to call another extension (desk set 5320) that too is fine, and shows caller id...
If i call from a desk set to the 5610 extension, it shows "XXXX is unplugged".
When I call the hunt that the 5610s share with the deskset i see the HG ringing and the deskset ringing, but each of the 5610 do not show ringing.
The audio path is good both ways, but I do not think settings are 100% at this time.
Getting MiTel Engineer involved today. I'm sure it is something that I am overlooking :)

I'll keep ya posted.

Geno

Offline cpegeno

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2016, 11:02:29 AM »
So,
It was something simple. The sip groups are set up for both the system P6000 and P600X for additional devices/remote locations. The P6000 is set for the IP settings of the Call processor where the system resides. In my case of the remote 5610 IP phones, The P6001 IP was to be set as the remote IP of the public facing at the remote site. This was correct, BUT>>> The status needs to be set to "IN SERVICE". This was set to out of service, causing the phones to not receive any calls. p.s. do not confuse this with DND :)

Thanks T.E. and Everyone else for the information! Good luck in the future for remoting the wonderful 5610 SIP Dect phones!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10