Author Topic: second call goes to voicemail then audio overlays first call  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Terry.TNC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
second call goes to voicemail then audio overlays first call
« on: November 19, 2015, 11:44:39 AM »
One of my users reported a new problem that showed up this week that hasn't happened before.  She on a phone call when someone outside the office transfers a call to her extension.  That second call goes to voicemail like normal, but then the automated voicemail voice (from the transferred second call) starts playing over the audio of her original call.  She ends up having to hang up then call the first person back to resume their conversation freely.

We haven't changed anything within our system recently.  I checked the Forwarding Path information for her extension.  The "Ring Principle Once" field is set to No, and Fwd Call Type - CO Transfer/AA/VM is set to "Yes", both as expected.

Where else can I look to find why she's getting audio feedback from a second call on her first call?

Offline DND ON

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: second call goes to voicemail then audio overlays first call
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 12:16:26 PM »
I've seen this with cross-talk on the phone lines.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2015, 11:30:56 AM »
Terry.TNC,

How is someone outside the office transferring a call to her? Is this a networked site? Is there a centralized voice processor? Do you have the Transfer Method set to anything other than Unannounced, i.e. Screened or Announced.

Thanks,

TE

Offline Terry.TNC

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2015, 10:04:11 AM »
Ours is a standalone system (not networked with other phone systems) and includes the voice processor.  I checked the recipient's mailbox, and it shows "Unannounced" for the Transfer Method.  I do not know how the outside office is transferring the call to her.

Our system had been up for over half a year, so I rebooted the system.  So far, she has not experienced any issues.  It may have been a fluke?  I'll resurrect this thread if she reports the problem again in the coming weeks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10