Author Topic: creating a queue  (Read 1898 times)

Offline ctk2003

• Contributer
    • View Profile
creating a queue
« on: November 16, 2015, 03:51:59 PM »
We have a 2 3300s and Your Site Explorer.

I'm a newbie.

I want to add a hunt group / queue, but I'm not sure where to do it, the 3300 or Your Site Explorer?  I see some settings for the hunt group on the 3300 that don't show up in Your Site Explorer.  The name of the queue in Your Site Explorer is not the same as on the 3300.  How do they link / tie in?

Does the queue migrate over to one from the other after you set it up on one?

Thanks,

Carl

Offline ctk2003

• Contributer
    • View Profile
creating a queue
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 03:53:03 PM »
I'm a newbie.

I want to add a hunt group / queue, but I'm not sure where to do it, the 3300 or Your Site Explorer?  I see some settings for the hunt group on the 3300 that don't show up in Your Site Explorer.  The name of the queue in Your Site Explorer is not the same as on the 3300.  How do they link / tie in?

Does the queue migrate over to one from the other after you set it up on one?

Thanks,

Carl

Offline sarond

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: creating a queue
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 03:26:58 AM »
This could get dangerous but I'll bite  ;D

Syncing is normally done during early hours of the morning. YSE will connect to your 3300's and read all the data into it's database.

If your media server (3300) on YSE is set to read/write then changes will be written to the 3300, so you can create users and groups to a certain extent.

If it is set to read only then you would have to perform a sync to get the data into YSE (either manually or waiting over night)
Creating things on YSE won't write to the 3300 if in read only.

What are you trying to achieve. i.e. A Call Centre Queue with ACD agents, ring groups.

YSE is really the reporting package. If you only want to create a simple group then you are probably better off creating directly in the 3300.

Offline ctk2003

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 08:49:07 AM »
We want to create a call center queue with ACD agents.  But, we also want to have a menu for the caller before they enter the queue.  For us to add it to the menu, it looks like it needs to be a queue that shows up in Your Site Explorer.

Offline 619Tech

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 06:40:33 PM »
I would start in YSE/Media Servers - check Upper left corner to see if Read or Read/Write is selected. If it's "Read" I do changes in the MiVB, If it's "Read/Write" then I do changes in YSE.

Offline ctk2003

• Contributer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 11:10:45 AM »
I tried adding the huntgroup and the agency group to the MiVB yesterday.  Today, the agency group downloaded to YSE, but the huntgroup did not.

I will try adding to the YSE.

Our YSE is set to read/write, so based on your advice, hopefully I'll have more success.

Thanks for your help

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10