Author Topic: Voice Mail to Email (Copy and forward) sending multiple Emails  (Read 2427 times)

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
Voice Mail to Email (Copy and forward) sending multiple Emails
« on: November 13, 2015, 03:35:36 PM »
New 5000 install, with Copy and Forward set up to local Exchange Server.  Client is getting the email resent about every 30 mins, unless they check the Voice Mail on their phone.

Any ideas?  thank you in advance.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Voice Mail to Email (Copy and forward) sending multiple Emails
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2015, 03:43:10 PM »
IS the system actually sending it? Check the mail and avdap logs...

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 09:04:38 AM »
Have my techs and Mitel looking at the logs.  I am an SE here, but wasn't sure if there was a setting to have the message repeat sending until it is checked.  Have seen this with Cell  Phone and pager notification, and wasn't sure if Mitel took it a step further.

Thanks.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 09:46:58 AM »
No, the Mitel's SMTP is fire and forget... it will try the SMTP gateway and looks for a 250 OK message, if it receives something 503 error, it will try again a few times, but once it gets a 250 OK, the Mitel is done. To my knowledge it cannot be configured to send multiple messages for a single email.

The only other possibility here is if your SMTP server is misbehaving, and accepting a message and queuing it for deliver but is responding to the Mitel with a code that is not 250 OK, so the 5000 things the message didn't go through and it tries again until it finally just gives up and discards the email, potentially sending several unacknowledged emails. This is where the mainmail.log file in the 5000 would be very beneficial, it would quickly show what is going on.

Offline Camoron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 11:11:20 AM »
Hey, we had a similar issue with Exchange using Enhanced Integration. The thread for that is here: http://mitelforums.com/forum/index.php?topic=7461

Maybe my troubleshooting methods will help you, maybe not. In the end I am not entirely sure what fixed it, but I believe it was a combination of things. Do you have the Domain field in IP settings filled out?

Offline jbbts

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 04:51:03 PM »
Mitel and my techs got it working.  Domain name field was improperly filled out, and Mitel found one other setting that was incorrect.

Thanks to all for the assistance.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10