Author Topic: Silent (Station) Monitor works, Why doesn't Barge-In?  (Read 1981 times)

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Silent (Station) Monitor works, Why doesn't Barge-In?
« on: November 12, 2015, 11:59:20 AM »
Hello Fellow Mitel Tech,
I got a customer who's got a Mitel 5000. I've got one user in particular enabled to have the silent (or "Station) monitor feature working, and also put on a "Barge-In" key for them to use to break into a call. My understanding was that in order to even use the Barge-In feature, you needed to be able to at least silent monitor first. Again this user is able to Silent Monitor with no problem, he cannot barge-in, my question is, is there a flag that enables this feature or something? The Error he is getting is: "Cannot Access Feature". Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: Silent (Station) Monitor works, Why doesn't Barge-In?
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 03:33:17 PM »
You must be actively monitoring to barge in...so 321-ext to begin monitor, then SPCL (X) 386 to monitor.  Or feature keys for both.

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 03:45:02 PM »
You must be actively monitoring to barge in...so 321-ext to begin monitor, then SPCL (X) 386 to monitor.  Or feature keys for both.

dwayneg,
That's what I thought too, and the user is trying that after he gets station monitoring going, he's just running into "Cannot Access Feature" when trying to initiate Barge-In. Thoughts?

Thanks,
-Iron

Offline irongladiator

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 05:36:56 PM »
All,
It just occurred to me, the user may not be using the Barge-In feature correctly. That's kind of the issue being a "Remote Tech", not being able to see exactly how the customer is trying to do it. I realized that if I press the "Barge-In" key on the test phone on my desk, that I also get the "Cannot Access Feature" error. I've asked the question to our customer if they can walk me through how they are doing it step by step, but now I'm 99.9% sure that's what's going on here. I'll update here shortly.

Thanks,
-Iron

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10