Author Topic: T1 to Fiber  (Read 1410 times)

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
T1 to Fiber
« on: November 02, 2015, 09:33:11 AM »
We no longer are using T1. We switched to a fiber connection for our data. Do I need to go into the system and make any changes to tell it we are no longer on T1?

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
Re: T1 to Fiber
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 10:42:01 AM »
So how are you getting dial tone?  Do you have loop start lines or voice T1, or are you using SIP trunks over the Internet?  If SIP, you might need to change some addresses in the PBX (Gateway?).  If voice T1 or loop start everything will be fine as long as you haven't removed the circuits.

Offline FirstSource

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 12:14:36 PM »
So how are you getting dial tone?  Do you have loop start lines or voice T1, or are you using SIP trunks over the Internet?  If SIP, you might need to change some addresses in the PBX (Gateway?).  If voice T1 or loop start everything will be fine as long as you haven't removed the circuits.

I have no idea all i know is we switched over to fiber from T1. When I boot the system it shows the T1 error code (Can't remember what it is off hand), basically saying it can't find the T1

Offline dwayneg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 12:50:00 PM »
Sounds like you're dead in the water.  If you have a T1 error message, that means that you previously had your dial tone coming into a T1 voice circuit that is no longer connected!  Maybe the T1 passed through a device that sent part to your data firewall and part to the T1 card on the 5000.  So you can't call in or out.  There's nowhere on the phone system that you can just plug a fiber connection in (I assume this is for Internet?).  Looks like your provider did you wrong disconnecting your T1 without realizing that's how you get dial tone.  You need to get a voice connection from some carrier.

Offline Tech Electronics

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 08:51:05 AM »
FirstSource,

Do you get an alarm 114 showing the T-1 not being there and then it goes away after the system comes up all the way or does that alarm stay on your system all day?

You can go to the back of your system and see a T-1/E-1 card on the base cabinet and where there is a patch cord plugged in it should either have a green light or a flashing red light.

Thanks,

TE

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10