Author Topic: No ringing on the desk phone speaker for incoming call when the phone is idle  (Read 3347 times)

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
We are having an intermittent issue that is occurring across multiple users with 5320 and 5330 handsets. When receiving calls they do not get any ringing from the phones speaker but the notification light is flashing and the call details are showing on the phone screen. The phones are idle when this is happening. It happens for external SIP calls to their DID numbers and for internal calls.

Mitel had us reload the database and reboot the system but this has not changed anything. Has anyone else experienced this issue before and if so was there a fix for it?

MCD version

Release level: 7.0 SP1 PR2
Active software load: 13.0.1.53
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 05:56:39 PM by Gasmanz »

Online ralph

• Mitel Forums Admin
  • Published Author: http://amzn.to/2dcYSY5
    • View Profile
I see this when the phone (Prime line) is forwarded on an always condition or the phone is in DND.
All ringing is then turned off.

Ralph

Offline chuckletech

• View Profile
Same exact problem here,  it happens randomly on every phones... ANNOYING!

Anybody had a fix??

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
What version of the MCD are you running and what version of firmware is on your 53XX phones?

I have concluded that it must have something to do with the phones firmware as everything else is normal. We are now kicking off a system upgrade to force a firmware update to the desk phones.

It is very annoying and Mitel couldn't find an issue.

Are there any release notes for the Mitel phone firmware updates?

Offline dg

• View Profile
We updated to 7.2 SP1 PR1
Load 13.2.1.27
Call control relink 43.2.1.14_SP1

specifically to correct this issue. From what I can gather, so far nobody has reported any more 'no-ring' calls. We had been chasing the issue for around 6 months with no fix from our VAR or Mitel, but it turns out we were running an 'unsupported' patch version, so we updated. The old version was
Release 7.1 PR1
Active 13.1.0.36
CC_relink 43.1.0.32_SP2

HTH,
-dg

Offline Gasmanz

• View Profile
Our customer is currently running 13.0.1.53-01 and will be going to 13.2.1.28-01

I am kind of glad that others have posted here with this same issue. I was beginning to think that either the customer was crazy or I was because we couldn't find anything wrong.

Mitel support is very hit and miss with system bugs like this.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10