Author Topic: Paging Setup or Suggestions  (Read 2295 times)

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
Paging Setup or Suggestions
« on: October 28, 2015, 11:13:55 AM »
Good Morning,

We have been leasing space for numerous years in one of my facilities that have have over 160 mitel phones, in one of my clinic areas we put in the Cyberdata Paging Server V3 with the IP Ceiling Speakers. We have finally purchased the facility and its current tennants throughout the building.

I am wondering is there anyway using the Cyberdata Paging Server that it can broadcast a page over the Mitel 5330 phones speakers. To meet code quickly I have created 3 page groups but that only works for my users not our tennants that are responsible for their own dial tone.

Besides Cyberdata what other solutions some of you have been using, I will be putting this forward next year for the remaining 34 facilities that I have but I need to be very cost effective as some of thes e are very large and 100 years old :)

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
Re: Paging Setup or Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »
The only way to page out that amount of phones is with a BlazeCast server, otherwise you are limited by the page group size in the Mitel.

Once possibility is you could see if the Cyberdata paging server could register to the Mitel as a SIP device, then dial the group paging code, but you are still limited to the page group limits of the Mitel 3300 (32 or 64 devices depending on software revision iirc), so this might not be an acceptable solution even if it works.

Offline johnp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 09:14:04 PM »
I would think that you would want overhead zoned PA paging. PA paging IMHO isn't best served via ip. Kinda like cloud services, some may be good but others just are there to cause a need for higher internet bandwith.

Offline TimPNRHA

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 11:39:23 AM »
Thank you,

Overhead paging is definitely what I would be looking for but something that is cost effective and easy to setup, possible separate zones different types of tie in. These would be for healthcare facilities so that ability to page from the phones would be ideal.

Offline acejavelin

• Global Moderator
  • High-tech, heavy metal redneck!
    • View Profile
    • Like what I do and wanna help out? Send me a donation!
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 02:45:52 PM »
Thank you,

Overhead paging is definitely what I would be looking for but something that is cost effective and easy to setup, possible separate zones different types of tie in. These would be for healthcare facilities so that ability to page from the phones would be ideal.
I don't think you will find a an "inexpensive" stand-alone solution for this... Your solutions for phone paging (using the phone's speakers) were mentioned above, or if there is an existing paging system of some kind that has an audio input, you could install a 5485 IP Paging unit... it emulates a 5010 IP set and can give you ringing and audio output, including passing DTMF digits and contact closure.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10